INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Let's have some fun with expressions...  (Read 2427 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
OT: Let's have some fun with expressions...
« on: December 16, 2005, 05:04:34 am »

3. Changed: Thumbnail text, player display, etc. use same expression engine as view schemes

What this means, is that we can have the player bar show, for example (and by no means limited to), different types of info for different media types. How about all those [genre]=classical tracks? you might want certain information shown when playing those, as opposed to the latest "Now that's what I call music...." album?

I am definately going to set aside some time to work something out for my player bar display.
Because the options available now are so wide reaching, I thought it might be a bit of fun to see what we could come up with, jointly or individually, for our respective displays?

I've gotten as far as...

if(isequal([media type],audio,1),<to do>,if(isequal([media type],image,1),<to do>,<video to do>)

and will return to it over the weekend. if you fancy having a go at your own, or have already done so, how about we post our expressions from monday onwards? see how close or diverse we are in our choices?
you up for it?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: OT: Let's have some fun with expressions...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 07:41:07 am »

i'm still waiting to be able to customise the Listening to....

Not sure what  i would change the player bar to display.. i rarely use it. Instead going into standard view to see where we are in Playing Now.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:10:09 am »

I find it really handy to fill it up with some useful file and tag info, so that when a track you're listening to while working deep inside your library catches your attention, there's a very good chance that anything you want to know about it is on show in the player display bar, meaning you won't need to navigate away from where you are to playing now to investigate.

Having sat down a short while ago to start on this, closer scrutiny tells me that audio playback will probably be the only real beneficiary. I mean, most video playback will take place in full screen, and when you're working with the files themselves in the library, there'll invariably be music playing...
Same applies to images. The player bar will only show image info when the image files are actually on the playing now list, and again, when working with images, there's usually music playing then too.

I'll come up with something, but I'm almost certain it will be purely audio based....

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:20:56 pm »

Well I'm trying something basic first... but still having a bit of trouble! I toggle between Play mode [Main] and Play Mode [Alternative] in the playing now display to  be able to see as much information about the currently playing file as possible.

At the moment I have play mode [Main] set as follows (no expressions here yet)
Title:     [Name] • [Prefix]
Status: [Album] • [Elapsed Time] / [Total Time] • [Bitrate (labeled)]  [Zone]

[Prefix] is a custom field that varies depending on the [Category] of the file:
 eg = [Artist] for popular music, = [Film] for movie soundtracks etc. I'd like to streamline this with expressions, but still have yet to fiddle around :)

I've been playing with expressions for the alternative play mode though.

So far, all I've com up with is this:
from "If(IsEqual([Category], Film, 1), [Film], [Album])"

This should output something like:
from "Finding Nemo" (if Category = Film) or
from "The Best of the Beach Boys" (if Category =/ Film)

My problem is however, that I've set up my [Category] field as a semicolon delimited list (so that files may belong to more than one category) and this screws up the expression (as many of my files belong to both the "Film" and "Album" categories... So the expression doesn't recognise "Film; Album" when seaching for "Film"...

Any ideas Marko?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 03:20:30 am »

I'm really behind with a slideshow DVD I have to put together before Christmas. I mean really behind!!!

I have to give this a body-swerve untill the disc is done...

back with thoughts later....

ps:
not sure how much later as I'm getting a new soundcard from Santa this year, and I'm considering a clean windows install to go with it... still undecided on that one atm...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 03:58:03 pm »

currently using:

play mode (main) title
if(isequal([media type],image,1),if(isequal(mid([album],2,1),//),no album,[album]),'[Name]' by '[Artist]' from the album '[Album]'  /(if(isempty([date (year)]),no date,[date (year)])/)

play mode (main) status
if(isequal([media type],image,1),[filename (name)] /([file size]/) ::: [dimensions] ::: [date] ::: rated [Rating]//5,[Elapsed Time] // [Total Time] ::: [Bitrate (labeled)] [File Type] /([File Size]/) ::: rated [Rating]//5 ::: if(isempty([number plays]),first time played,played [Number Plays] times ~ last played formatdate([last played,0],elapsed) ago) ::: track [PN Position] of [PN Tracks])

which turns out the following for audio...

and this for images...

Images needs something more, but I've not sussed what yet. I have some useful info in the alt display but it's mostly using custom fields so best left for another day.

so, what does yours look like?

ingram3480

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 06:12:19 pm »

Marko

Cool!!!

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 03:49:58 am »

it would be very helpfull, if the font-size could be changed only for the display. I'm using a large font in MC - too large for your cool expressions.

Uwe

Dragyn

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:31:45 am »

hmm...

possible to show certain words in like [Name]?

for instance..  everything with "word1 word2: other words" .. it would only return "other words"?

?

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 09:33:11 pm »

thanks for the expressions marko!  its lookin good on my comp.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous
Pages: [1]   Go Up