INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Nomad Jukebox 3 Banner Ad  (Read 1036 times)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
OT: Nomad Jukebox 3 Banner Ad
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:51:27 pm »

It seems like "forever" that the same Nomad Jukebox 3 banner ad has been running at the top of the Interact Forum. 

"Your Dream Player" - maybe if you're Rip Van Winkle  ;D

Nothing against the JB3 (I had a JB2), but you would think Creative would rather promote the Zen Micro Photo or the Zen Vision M.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: OT: Nomad Jukebox 3 Banner Ad
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:50:49 pm »

but you would think Creative would rather promote the Zen Micro Photo or the Zen Vision M.

Well you can select what banners you wish to use at most banner ad sites. sometimes the banner is generic and as long as someone clicks on it and buys you get something for it.

Google adwords is based on clicks and each click may cost the company running the ad from 10 cents on up. depending on the words $1 maybe minimum to even get it to show up and i have seen some companies pay $13 a click (Thats a bit much).

to get placed in the top 5 at Yahoo for "Old Time Radio" it is 33 Cents a Click. So users should not juct click on banners playing around because it does cost money, sometimes alot with the hops a user will buy.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:43:19 pm »

Thanks for the education King.  I had no idea that some clicks could be so expensive.

I would take it that JRiver gets paid something for the JB3 ad.  Do you think it is per click, or just when the click leads to a sale on the Creative web site?

Either way, I wonder if it would be worthwhile for someone from JRiver to contact Creative and suggest they update their ad.  With current products displayed, you'd expect more clicks.  More money for JRiver, and Creative too.

Or, maybe JRiver figures as long as they are paying, lets not remind them of it.   :-X

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:37 pm »

just when the click leads to a sale on the Creative web site?

Depends..

If i am not mistaken that ad is from "Commission Junction"

And That's Based On Sales.

This Topic Really Should Go A Way, This Has To Do With J Rivers Business And How They Handle Business Affairs And Anything Inside Should Be Kept There.

If there is a need for more info on this topic, My New Forum Is Located Here

http://www.dialogueexchange.com/
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up