INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default folders on Clie  (Read 658 times)

TKN

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Default folders on Clie
« on: September 21, 2002, 01:34:01 pm »

So, I like the fact that it recognizes my Clie as a drive and just puts it under handhelds, I don't like having to go four directories deep just to start adding music. How about automatically going to the MSAudio folder or whatever as a default. Should be a small change that makes it about ten times more enjoyable to use. I just want to drop things right on the handheld icon without really worrying about where the files will be stored.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Re: Default folders on Clie
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 06:38:47 pm »

I've never thought about transferring songs to my Clié while in MJ.  I have always used PowerDesk to drop them onto the memory stick.  I just got a memory stick reader last week, so now I use that instead.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Default folders on Clie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 06:18:37 am »

TKN,

There are a couple of ways to achieve what you would like. First, can you try dragging a file to the appropriate folder and then for subsequent transfers just right click the files and select "Send-To" and your device. MJ will remember the path. Play around with that and let me know if it is still not enough.

There is one standard Portable Drives Plug-in that handles all Removable Drive type players. The Clie's path is unique so if the Send-To option doesn't work, I can see if we want to devote the resources to creating a separate  solution for the Clie.

PS What is the specific path that the files must go to on the Clie (I do not have one here to test.)

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up