INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Jukebox NX Playlists  (Read 1650 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Zen Jukebox NX Playlists
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:24:37 am »

Am having massive difficulty synching playlists to my Jukebox. I can't get them to go across. They worked in 11.0 but when I updated to 11.1 they stopped synching. I have updated the driver and firmware on my jukebox but no luck. Does anybody have this cracked? And what exactly is the correct way to synch a playlist when you are not synchronising the device? In 11.0 you could select a bunch of playlists to transfer from the action window. Now do you have to edit the options just to transfer a playlist? A bit messy methinks! Please help somebody because I have a heap of playlists that I'd like to use on the go and I dont want to upgrade my MP3 player just yet!!!

JohnM

• World Citizen
Re: Zen Jukebox NX Playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14:29 am »

A long shot...
Try changing the device type for your Nomad Zen Jukebox NX to 1 instead of the 2 in the PDT.xml file ( Search for "NOMAD Jukebox Zen NX" in the PDT.xml-file. Default path is "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Resources")

HTH John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 10:42:15 am »

The player needs to report that it supports playlists.  It's up to the Creative driver to do this through WMDM.

You can drag-n-drop playlists to the action window or pick them in options to send them to a player.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:55:36 am »

A long shot...
Try changing the device type for your Nomad Zen Jukebox NX to 1 instead of the 2 in the PDT.xml file ( Search for "NOMAD Jukebox Zen NX" in the PDT.xml-file. Default path is "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Default Resources")

HTH John

this didn't work unfortunately. :(

The player needs to report that it supports playlists. It's up to the Creative driver to do this through WMDM.

You can drag-n-drop playlists to the action window or pick them in options to send them to a player.

my biggest issue is that this worked perfectly in 11.0
In upgrading to 11.1 I wouldn't expect things to break that previously worked. I now have two options.
1) Downgrade to 11.0 and lose out on all the other enhancements in 11.1 and future releases of MC
2) Buy a new MP3 player

Neither of these are ideal and really if you insist on using WMDM why not allow the option of using MC11.0 style transfers if it doesn't work properly?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 08:09:51 pm »

MC 11.0 supported a proprietary Creative SDK that is now obsolete.

The industry has moved towards WMDM.  It's up to the device manufacturers to write drivers for this new standard.

We're not thrilled with WMDM either, but we have to move with the industry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up