INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning with effects. How?  (Read 870 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Burning with effects. How?
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:50:37 pm »

I have a playlist of short clips that I want to merge into a single "highlights" track. Ideally, I would like to have MC render it ("burn" it, if you will) to a file on my hard drive, and respect my playback options (crossfade and eq) just as if I were letting MC play it. I would also like it to be rendered in the format of my choosing (64 bit ABR MP3 for web).

Any idea on what to call this operation and how to get MC to do it?

OK, if worse comes to worse, I'm just going to run line out of my laptop into line in on my desktop and deal with all the conversion loss because I'm just going to share it over the web anyway.

I'd really appreciate a more elegant solution though.

Thanks
Jeff

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What do you call this and how do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 08:22:00 pm »

This is called editing and you do it in:  Tools/Advanced Tools/Media Editor. 

Crossfades MAY be too advanced for MC editor ( don't know).  If so download "Audacity" (free) from download.com.  It is the world's best editor, and it's free.  MC editor should be plenty good, however.  I use it 99% of the time.

You will not be able to carry playback options into any editor (crossfade, eq, etc).  You can, however, recreate them.  Mess around with tools and you'll get the idea.

Once you have all the clips edited into one, you save it off to disk.  You can either save it to your prefered file type now, or convert it later, using  Tools/Library Tools/Convert Format.  Use Options to set filetype and other things.

Good luck!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 02:28:43 am »

The easiest way would be to use MC's disk writer (Options > Playback > Output Mode > Disk Writer).

In the disk writer mode MC writes everything that you would normally hear to an uncompressed wave file.

After making the wave file you can easily convert it to any available format.

When encoding at 64 kbps you may want to consider using mono instead of stereo. Personally, I often prefer higher audio quality instead of stereo separation at low bitrates.

You could try this custom command line string:

--preset 64 -m m --resample 32 --lowpass 15

and compare the quality.

If you hear audio only through the left speaker when playing a mono file with MC you may need to change the output format in DSP studio to "2 channels (stereo)". That depends on your PC setup and your other output settings.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 02:44:00 am »

Alex B to the rescue! Thanks man! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I swear, there is so much depth to this product... Thank you JRiver!

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up