INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.133  (Read 3496 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.133
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:57:06 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
[ build pulled by JimH for install problem ]

11.1.133 (2/28/06)

1. Changed: Decreased the time spent pre-buffering a file in some situations.
2. Fixed: MPC playback could crash with 32-bit output enabled.
3. Fixed: If a flash player file was played followed by an image, the image could still have the label "Flash Player" in the display bar.
4. Changed: The "Set Display" menu puts a "more choices available while playing" string at the bottom when viewed while the player is stopped.
5. Changed: The "Set Display" menu lists display plugins in alphabetical order. ("Cover Art" always at top)
6. Fixed: When dragging the volume or position slider, the tooltip and the display area would not stay perfectly in sync.
7. Changed: Reworked how the Action Window navigation pages are translated so a full list of needed strings gets exported to the Language.txt file.
8. Changed: Revised main tree control translation so things like artist and album names don't get translated.
9. Changed: Updated translation of tree controls in options so all needed strings get exported to the Language.txt file.
10. NEW: Included Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs!)
11. Fixed: Ripping with on-the-fly encoding disabled was not working properly.
12. Changed: Dialog and window captions are now translatable.

11.1.131 (2/27/06)

1. Changed: Podcast episodes deleted during download stop downloading immediately.
2. Fixed: Temporary Podcast files created by a previous session were not all deleted on startup.
3. Fixed: In some cases, Media Center wouldn't shutdown properly.
4. Fixed: The last few bytes of audio would not always get output -- causing a pop in gapless playback. (introduced in 122)
5. Fixed: The translation system could eat trailing right-spaces in some cases. (so "Add to Playing Now" showed as "Add toPlaying Now")
6. Changed: Added improved support for WhiteCap visualization so it won't get asked for modes. (which can be slow even though WhiteCap has no modes)
7. Changed: Menu > Player > Display Options shows same options as right-clicking display. (allows configuring display and choosing a different display)
8. New: Media Center TV now (partially) supports Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB device. The code is generic enough so other bda HDTV cards may also work (ATSC only!). For now only live viewing and time-shifting work. No recording to disk.
9. Changed: The [Library] token in the player bar display area now shows the library name, even if the default library is loaded. (used to show nothing for the default library)
10. Fixed: Deleting a file from the burn queue wouldn't update the burn Action Window right away.
11. Fixed: In certain situations at the end of a CD burn process a "long write in progress" error was shown and the disc was not finished properly.
12. Fixed: Importing image files from a network location was very slow.
13. Fixed: Restoring a library could cause a long delay when finished.
14. Fixed: Broken link for 'Ripping a CD' on start page.
15. Changed: When there is no internet, the "Start" page shows a local page. (instead of the "internet connection needed" page)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marty3d

Re: Media Center 11.1.133
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 04:07:26 pm »

4. Changed: The "Set Display" menu puts a "more choices available while playing" string at the bottom when viewed while the player is stopped.
5. Changed: The "Set Display" menu lists display plugins in alphabetical order. ("Cover Art" always at top)

Thank you!!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:55:45 pm »

I have no idea how long it has been like this, but in the Edit View Scheme dialog box, under "Step 3" the Tree Position drop down box is empty now (which makes it pretty unusable).  What's the story (I use this feature)?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:05:41 pm »

New problem while ripping.

I rip from two drives and allow one encoding session with a total of three processes.
I am getting a track stuck in a status of normalizing. I do not normalize before encoding.
The track is not the same each time and can be on either drive.

If I rip from one drive only everything is fine.

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 11:00:59 pm »

1. Networked drives are having their files show up multiple times; I have between three to four instances of the networked files in my library (all of which will playback) that will not be repaired/removed by a re-import. The files are located on one network drive whihc is all lossy audio and video; IK have notice this only with the lowbitrate audiobook files so far.

2. [NAME] not displaying in Display area text

3. Overlap in Dsiplay Area; can we be allowed to not have both the Title & Status fields filled in in the Display area so those of us with larger fonts can add everything to one line: www.catuccio.net/Clipboard01.jpg *EDIT - fixed by using Content ID on one line

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.133 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2498 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 377 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 04:43:05 am »

Can you add an icon = "TV Channels" in Add/Edit View Scheme >Step 3: Modfify Properties > Image.

If you want to create a view scheme TV channels you can only select Scheme or Scheme group, which are not appropriate in this case.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 04:50:16 am »

This bug with G-Force enabled still exists and was never fixed:

1) Start playing ape files with cover art inside the file and G-Force enabled
2) Display cover art in G-Force: Cover art displayed
3) Switch to any other visualization such as track info, cover art, 2D/3D visualizations: default MC logo is now displayed instead of current cover art.

It does not happen with mp3 and wma files! And it does not happen with ape files with external cover art.

It is a minor issue, but still a bug. And it is annoying, especially if you show MC11.1 to other people. If you want MC11.1 to look perfect, it needs to be fixed.

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 09:13:10 am »

If I eject a CD using the button on the drive MC shuts down. I don't eject after ripping.
If I select the option in the tree to eject the CD everything is ok.
I may or may not get the shutdown error box when starting MC up again.
I thought it was related to ripping but if I insert the CD wait for MC to recognize it and eject it MC will shutdown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up