INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC10 - Help Needed With "Export All Playlists" Using MPL  (Read 1084 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
MC10 - Help Needed With "Export All Playlists" Using MPL
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:35:53 am »

MC10's (10.0.173) "Help" section states I should be able to export all my playlists and lists the various formats that can be used.  I'd like to follow the recommendation of using MPL but when I go to "File/Export All Playlists", it exports automatically in M3U format without any prompting for choice of format. 

I've gone thru the painstaking task of creating playlists over time only to lose them if I have to reorganize my hard drive or create new libraries.  I can't seem to locate anymore info on how to save using the MPL format.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
ballen

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC10 - Help Needed With "Export All Playlists" Using MPL
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:56:00 am »

you're only given the "save as..." options when you chose "Export Playlist" as opposed to "Export All Playlists"

In the case of the "Export Playlist" option, "Playlist" refers to the files currently visible in your file list.

-marko.

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:25:56 pm »

Thanks Marko for the reply!

For someone with a vast CD collection along with a vast amount of playlists (I use them to play songs in a specific order), saving these playlists individually, just inorder to be able to use MPL, has ruled this out for me.  Losing them as well because I have to reorganize my hard drive or create new libraries is a shame.  Oh well.

Thanks again,

ballen

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »

I'm not exactly au-fait with MPL and its uses, but...

the playlists you see in the tree are saved along with your library when you use MC's library backup tool.

if you do your reorganising using MC (the rename from properties tool really is very powerful) mc will keep the playlists in sync with the files new locations.

that may be enough for you, I don't know.

there are some users around here that know how to do clever things with MPL files. if you say how you would use the MPL files, and why, you may be able to illicit some response from them :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up