INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast - Alternate start page, please? :)  (Read 704 times)

markp99

• World Citizen
Podcast - Alternate start page, please? :)
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:52:16 pm »

I use MC to DL and listen to podcasts at work.

The default podcast startpage is among the filtered pages here at work and yields the dreaded:

Internet and WWW Acceptable Use Policy

Employees are reminded that the Internet connection they use from their work site was established for business purposes. However, our policy allows for reasonable and occasional personal use provided that such use is consistent with MDP 25.3, Use of Personal Company Computer and Network Resources, and discretion is exercised to ensure that Company interests are not adversely affected. MDP 25.3 appears at URL  blah, blah, blah.

Can you permit an option to allow me to redirect the podcast page to a local page as you do elsewhere in MC11?  This would avoid me raising a flag with our Internet police?  ;)

Thanks! 

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
Re: Podcast - Alternate start page, please? :)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 03:21:02 pm »

We were thinking that the Podcast world is pretty volatile right now, and we were hoping to regularly update that web page with new and better links.  We'd lose that capability if we were to make it a local page.  We could only update it when we do a new release, and most of our users would not be able to take advantage of our efforts.... :-\

Could you just avoid clicking on the page?
Pages: [1]   Go Up