INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea! - Log of last 100 unique tag changes?  (Read 1573 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Idea! - Log of last 100 unique tag changes?
« on: March 18, 2006, 07:46:54 pm »

Since MC has a very easy tagging engine and there is no way currently to prevent accidentally changing a field, could MC generate a report of the last 100 unique tag changes made.  If there was a batch made to multiple fields, that would only count as one item in the list.

This would make it easy to see where potential errors occur in the database which creep up from time to time and I believe it is because of accidental clicks, scrolls, and drag n' drops in the MC interface.  This would be especially useful if the report showed the before and after change!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: Idea! - Log of last 100 unique tag changes?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 12:27:05 am »

ooOOoo! Good Idea!  ;D

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:57:06 am »

Yep, having seen this in wavlab, i would support this idea.

Typical example of where you have to be careful is, make a change in a viewscheme, go to PN, then while in PN do a undo, you won't see it but the change you made in the previous viewscheme just got undone.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 07:39:59 pm »

Yep, having seen this in wavlab, i would support this idea.

Typical example of where you have to be careful is, make a change in a view scheme, go to PN, then while in PN do a undo, you won't see it but the change you made in the previous view scheme just got undone.

Interesting, that brings up a good point.

The undo never tells you what was undone.  You just have to hope it was the thing you just did.  IF that isn't undo-able, then something else got changed and you have no idea what the hell that was.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 01:39:15 am »

been there recently and so asked the question "what" when ctrl + z did not repopulate the playlist I'd just emptied in error!

The explanation given was that ctrl-z (undo) only works for tag changes and nothing else.

I never really used undo because like datdude above, I was never too sure what it was actually going to do. DOpus also maintains an 'undo list' that I've found useful on a number of occasions. There, you can select any item in the list and undo it.
A simple log might be handy, but an interactive list like that would take it to the next (logical?) level.

-marko.

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:03:26 am »

very good idea in did. I was going to ask similar question: how to see when a particular field in the file tag was changed. Example: we have [Date modified]=[], [Date created]=[] etc.; how about [Date rated]=[] or [Rating modified]=[] ? Wouldn't that be cool!

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 03:22:49 am »

been there recently and so asked the question "what" when ctrl + z did not repopulate the playlist I'd just emptied in error!
For some reason, it seems intuitive that it would refill what was emptied. FB2K does this so when i switch between the two, have to remind myself to be careful.

I thought at the very least, undo should only work provided the change is in the current viewscheme, when it is called.

This may protect against unseen changes, but will it create new problems ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up