INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.141  (Read 3461 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.141
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:01:04 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111141.exe

11.1.141 (3/8/2006)

1. Fixed: Third party plugins (G-Force, etc.) could fight with cover art loading for the playing file, causing no art to appear.
2. Fixed: Blank lines in customized thumbnail text were not properly supported.
3. Changed: MC TV ignores analog device initialization failures if a digital TV device is present, so the users can continue using the digital device.
4. Changed: When cycling through a stack of tile images, the rotation order would appear strange when the thumbs hadn't been built. (1; 1,2; 1,2,3; 1,2,3,4; etc.)
5. NEW: Library tiles and view header images show many images as a pile of images. (instead of one totally covering the others)
6. Fixed: In some cases, playback would not automatically skip missing files.
7. Fixed: When editing a view scheme, saving "To All Locations" and "To Similar Locations" not working correctly.

11.1.140 (3/7/2006)

1. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
2. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs)
3. NEW: LAME gapless information is reported in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info.
4. Changed: Use shorter descriptions for fields in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info > MP3.
5. Fixed: In some cases, when Windows hid the mouse cursor during data entry, it wouldn't appear back right away as soon as the mouse was moved.
6. Fixed: The "Play" button on the view header would not work properly with a list that was in album grouping mode.
7. Changed: Increased the default buffer size for DirectSound playback. (NOTE: if you get clicks during playback, please increase buffering or switch modes in Options > Playback)
8. Fixed: The player core could dead-lock if an error was raised in certain circumstances.
9. Fixed: The analyze audio option in CD ripping wasn't working.
10. Fixed: "Sync all" option for portable devices was not creating all playlists on the device.
11. Fixed: We were not computing Podcast directory free space properly on Windows 2000.  This made it impossible to download anything.
12. Changed: We now bring Media Center to the front for one-click Podcast subscriptions.
13. Fixed: The escape key and apps/menu button wouldn't work with all display plugins from fullscreen.
14. Fixed: Gapless MP3 playback would not properly account for the decoder delay at the end of the file -- causing a possible pop.
15. Fixed: If Media Center ran out of disk space or encountered a memory error while saving a database field, the field could become corrupted.
16. Fixed: Adding a library entry now has a correct picklist.
17. Fixed: Get image from internet dialog now "picks" the default options.
18. Changed: Mime Types for content from Library Server now reflect the actual type insead of a Media Center application type.
19. Changed: "Feed URL" and "Episode URL" are no longer "user" fields.
20. Changed: Podcast Episode suffixes .mpg and .mpeg are now interpreted as media type video.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 11.1.141
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 10:12:13 pm »

"Add to Playing Now" doesn't work anymore.  It causes the newly added file to start playing immediately, and if you try to add several files at once then they all start playing all at once and then the application crashes.  This means that I can't use 11.1.141 for DJ gigs anymore... I hope downgrading to the latest stable version doesn't break anything!

Note: I reported this bug a day or two ago and I thought it was just podcasts that were suffering, but today I realize that it's all audio files.

Solomon

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 10:39:11 pm »

"Add to Playing Now" doesn't work anymore.  It causes the newly added file to start playing immediately, and if you try to add several files at once then they all start playing all at once and then the application crashes.  This means that I can't use 11.1.141 for DJ gigs anymore... I hope downgrading to the latest stable version doesn't break anything!

Note: I reported this bug a day or two ago and I thought it was just podcasts that were suffering, but today I realize that it's all audio files.

Solomon

I can't reproduce this.  Please uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.  Try a local MP3 file.

Start a new thread if the problem persists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 08:09:48 am »

7. Fixed: When editing a view scheme, saving "To All Locations" and "To Similar Locations" not working correctly.

Thank you! It now works like I expected.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up