INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Problem (Highest duplicate rating). Need help!  (Read 1242 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist Problem (Highest duplicate rating). Need help!
« on: March 10, 2006, 05:40:55 am »

Hello

I got a collection of 10 000 mp3 now. I only collect albums. I have tagged and rated them all.
And yes; it took a while!   ;D

For the people who ask why I have duplicates. The reason is simple. MP3 do not take much space, I like to have full albums, and there is easier for people to find the songs they like on known albums.
To the problem:

I can make a smartlist with no duplicates, that's not a problem.
The problem is to get THAT one song (from the duplicates) with the highest rating to show! I was hoping this was built int MC, but oh no.... It seems to be rather random. I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this! There have to be a solution.

Using the new MC build by the way.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Smartlist Problem (Highest duplicate rating). Need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:28:26 am »

I couldn't find an easy solution for this problem within MC either.

check your PM box for a possible solution.

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 08:01:35 pm »

MrHaugen, could you go into a bit more detail on this?  I think it may be possible by basing one smartlist off of another, but I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:03:23 am »

Polly, MrH. is after a way to get a specific file to always be picked by a smartlist over the others.

So, if you have 10 copies of track a, ~nodup should always pick the file that's deemed to be 'the best' copy. Likewise, when populating random smartlists, the same 'best copy' should always be used.

There are a number of angles to approach the problem from, sadly, none of them are what you'd call 'quick' fixes.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 04:28:18 am »

My approach to this was to create a smartlist to show all duplicates, based on [artist] and [name] and then I added a field 'never play' and tagged all the duplicates so that only one, the one I want to play, didn't have the 'never play' flag set...  Then my main smartlist ignores tracks marked 'never play' leaving the one track I want to play from the duplicates...

Long winded, but once you've flagged all the tracks it works perfectly.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up