INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Mode - Changes Needed  (Read 1501 times)

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Party Mode - Changes Needed
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:49:58 pm »

I think the Party Mode should go back to what it is meant for: a safe environment for random people to mess w/ MC without ANY alteration to the library, files, and settings.

There are WAY too many things that one can still mess with under the "party mode"

Please, please, please, reconfigure the Party Mode!!  :)

This is one of the last things from the older Media Jukebox / Media Center versions that still bothers me because it still doesnt work properly and has not been totally addressed.

My suggestion would be to totally grey out:

-EVERY menu/selection/right click menu/action window component

EXCEPT:

-Search
-Playists (make them read-only)
-Tree roots (library browser) and submenus
-Play/Stop/Next/Back/FF/RW
-'Add to Playing Now' selections.

Any other comments/suggestions about this topic? THANK YOU!

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Re: Party Mode - Changes Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:54:51 pm »

Also, does anyone actually find themselves using the party mode? I dont want it to go away (its a cool feature, if only MC could be totally locked down)

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:08:58 pm »

I thought everything was pretty much safe.... THe changes you make in Party Mode revert back to the way they were before when you exit party mode..... Or am I wrong.

What exactly can you make chanegs to?
-

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 06:03:07 am »

I thought everything was pretty much safe.... THe changes you make in Party Mode revert back to the way they were before when you exit party mode..... Or am I wrong.

I actually don't remember how Party Mode works, haven't used it for over a year. But it sounds awful if people could make changes and then those changes revert! If an option is not an option, don't let people use it, if you know what I mean.
No, a clean interface with all the editing choices removed would probably be the best. Then is the discussion of what should remain, but that's another debate.

Loxuz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:33:03 am »

I agree, Party Mode is useless the way it is today. What's the point of letting people change the view just to have it revert back to the way it was. And why do I everytime I start Party Mode have to redo the view to the way I like it?

Like the first post said: Just make Party Mode lock down MC and only enable Playing of files, maby even just one sort even like audio. I hate that people could start playing movies in the midle of a paty.

SurFan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 05:05:09 am »

Hi,

one very dangerous glitch in the new party mode implementation is this:

If you forget to deselect "Update tags when file info changes" manually under "general settings", anyone can mess up your mp3 tags with garbage. Leaving party mode reverts the library changes but does not revert tag info in the mp3 files!

I suppose this to be a serious bug and requested to never update tags mp3s while in party mode a year ago or so, but this has never been adressed

Ralph

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:12:23 am »

Adding the PartyMode can't edit fields feature is better but really still doesn't do what I need a SAFE MC to do.  The problem is that everything reverts back to the way it was so anything that should have been changed goes back unfortunately

How about a normal library mode where tags can be changed in the background like last played and playing now but any field that is viewable or accessible without having a password to the options menu cannot be changed?

Every other MC change is fair game and 'sticks' just like it is now.  Basically I am trying to prevent MC from getting screwed up not by drunk fiends, but by myself since it is very easy to change fields without realizing it.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 02:48:38 am »

Would making guests use Theatre view only help with accidental updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up