INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me with my setup  (Read 746 times)

Snickering87

• Recent member
Help me with my setup
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:19:36 pm »

I have three rooms in a dance studio.  I have purchased media center and have it installed with all the music in a folder.  I have decided to maintain MP3 format for all music.
Room 1 I have a computer with:
 Win XP Pro
Athlon 2500+
512 ram
media center 11
This is installed and working.  The computer has a M Audio Delta Audiophile and onboard sound.  The Maudio has (I beleive) 1 analog out and one digital out.  The computer also has onboard sound Realtek AC97.  The music is 300-500 cd ripped to one folder with subfolders.  The analog out from the m audio is feeding an analog in on the stereo receiver.

Now this is where I need help
I have room 2 and 3.  They both have stereos (I have to look at the inputs but I know at best they are going to be analog, no digital inputs).  I want to share the music with rooms 2 and 3.
All computers willbe networked, I currently have a wireless network but I can run wire if necessary.  Wireless is just easier.
Here are issues that come to mind.
1.  I want a central location for the music.  If room 1, 2 and 3 want to use the same song at the same time then I would imagine I would deal with lock issues.
2.  I purchased cheap computer for the other room (500mhz with 256 ram) because my original idea was to use net remote, but am not sure if that is the best way to go.
So here is my original plan
install the 2 500 mhz computers in room 2 and 3.
Use net remote on those computers.

Here is where I start to debate,  (with myself, how sad)
How should I wire the sound.  I figure I need another output.  That isn't to hard to come up with.  Room 2 and 3 and say 50-75 ft away.  How do I feed the sound from the computer out to the stereo's in the other rooms???

If you know how and what I should use do you mind links??  I figure I would do this with cat5e, but I am not to sure on the terminations.  I know for sure the stereo inputs will be the analog L and R.
The computer will be either:
the M audio and the onboard sound + another   or
I will replace the Maudio with a suggested soundcard (hint hint) ;)

I know this is long winded so I will stop.

Thanks for all the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up