INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird thing happening with biterate smartlist  (Read 1325 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
weird thing happening with biterate smartlist
« on: March 20, 2006, 01:41:08 pm »

I have noticed that when making smartlists to display my album thumbnails per biterate, the thumbnails for the albums that have multiple bite rates are listed in multiple smartlists and the thumbnails aren't being shown in any of the views.

How do i get the the album only to appear once in one of my smartlists at its biterate average which is what is being shown on the normal audio library view.

My three smartlsits are:

192 biterate and below
193-319 biterate
320 biterate and above

example i have a album that is made up of 5 songs at 192 biterate and 5 songs at 320 bite rate, the calculated average is 256 which appears in the thumbnail text under my albums in the main paned audio view.

The album doesn't show up once in my 193-319 bite rate smartlist but twice, once each in the 192 biterate and below catagory as well as the 320 biterate and above catagory and in both smartlists the album thumbnail turns up missing.

My smartlists and views are correct and work for all albums that have all their songs at the same biterate, they appear once in the proper smartlist and the thumbnail is shown, it only fails with albums that have songs at different bite rates.

Is this just some bug in mc11 version 148 or is the smartlist /logic wrong in trying to get this accomplished?

Thanks
TC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: weird thing happening with biterate smartlist
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:20:11 pm »

Smartlists only operate on tracks, not albums.

You can use the library view (and sorting) to explore groupings like Genres, Albums, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:23:56 pm »

Yes, tracks only but i then i turn details to album thumbnails in my smartlists. I tried it on my work machine which only has version 143 on it and it works.

The calculated average is displayed correctly and thumbnails are displayed correctly as well for albums with mixed bite rates in 143, none of this works in 148.

TC

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:44:43 pm »

attaching a pic:

TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up