INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC sorting Changes, but not for the better  (Read 1480 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC sorting Changes, but not for the better
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:35:55 am »

I'm noticing that the options sorting on the top right hand side for tiles is now only customizable/stickied for each view and NOT each field which it was before. :-X

That's now 3 sorting features that have change in the last week, and in my opinion for the worse.

The other 2 things I noticed:

a)The bottom sorting  is only now overruled by the view scheme rules.  Not sure why this changed but it was nice to have random sorting overall for tiles, and then specific sorting for fields at bottom.

b) even if there are no sorting rules in the main view scheme, the sorting at bottom does not work when changing to a new set of tiles, only when each individual tile is selected does the sorting apply.  To me this doesn't make sense.  This effectively makes the customize current view sorting useless when trying to initially view all files in a view at the bottom.

Any thoughts as to why this changed and if you think it was for the better or worse?

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC sorting Changes, but not for the better
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 06:30:28 pm »

bump

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 07:37:13 pm »

I had a real struggle as well getting the files details on albums views to sort properly. 

My specific related to a view that I had where the view scheme was sorted by a custom field "Album Artist (auto) - Album".  When I set the view scheme to sort by this field, the bottom file list would never sort by Track #, even though the lower Customize Current View... settings were correct.

When I removied the view scheme sort by Album Artist (auto) - Album (and changed nothing else), the problem solved itself.

Note that this all occurred when I had selected the custom field in the top left drop list.  So, by removing the sorting, the view actually stayed the same....

Not sure if that makes sense, but I am experiencing the same problems and it makes no sense to me either.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 11:02:35 pm »

MC also used to have an option for album thumbnails that when clicked to play, MC would paly it in the track order regardelss of the lists sorting.

Now this can't be done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up