INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac Decoder  (Read 2888 times)

noshali

• Recent member
Flac Decoder
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:39:44 pm »

OK so I can rip using the encoder but cannot play or import flac file. I did install the FLAC decoder by double clicking the In-Flac file and it said the package was installed correctly. I am using the latest  decoder.

As for the import FLAC is selceted as a file format to import into the library. Still nothing.

Please help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Flac Decoder
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:04:31 am »

I wonder...

do you have a 'documents' entry in your tree?
if you have, try selecting it...
are your flac files listed there?

If they are, select them all, find "Media Type" in the tag info window and change the type from data to audio.
close MC.
reboot.

should be OK now. shout back if it's not.

noshali

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 11:02:38 am »

Works...fine now....

Thanks

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:45:52 pm »

I have the same problems, but MC is showing flac files as audio files. No tagging data. Wont allow me to change tags at all. Wont allow me to convert. wont allow me to burn. keep getting the error message:

"playback could not be started on the output "wave out" using the format "0 htz, 0 bits per sample, 2 channels"
"This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP studio to change output to a compatible format".............

What am I doing wrong? I have downloaded the encoder and decoder (several times), although when I click to install the decoder, MC does nothing. Have changed the dsp settings (several times). Have started and stopped and re-started MC (several times).

When the plug-in is properly installed, does it appear under the plug-ins tree? I have nothing showing in my tree for flac plugins.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:17:10 am »

The correctly installed FLAC plug-ins should appear under the Encoder and Input plug-ins in the Plug-in Manager. (Top menu > Tools > Plug-in Manager)

although when I click to install the decoder, MC does nothing

Perhaps something prevents the installation. Try to unzip the "In_FLAC-V1.6.6.zip" file and copy the In_FLAC.dll file to the [MC program path]\Plugins folder. After that try to install the plug-in manually with the Plug-In manager (Plug-in Manager > Input > Add Plug-in...)

Are you sure that your FLAC files are not corrupted somehow? What does Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info show? Can you convert some other file to FLAC and import/play the file?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 10:57:25 am »

everything is installed correctly.

converted .mp3 file to flac as you suggested.. played fine.

must be corrupt file. i downloaded again from website... same results. i put a service call note to the website to alert them to problems. we'll see what they say. kinda weird, as its a very well known site (metallica.com) and I wouldnt think they would be having corruption issues, but we shall see.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 02:56:57 am »

are you using a download manager?

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 08:08:36 am »

yes. that was the problem. i had to go back and download each file individually. works fine now.

just out of curiosity, what impact does the download manager have?
Pages: [1]   Go Up