INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.150  (Read 4932 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.150
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:47:29 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111150.exe

11.1.150 (3/19/2006)

1. NEW: Added read and write support for the disc number field on the iPod.
2. Fixed: An interface plugin that failed to load could cause an endless loop of error dialogs when trying to uninstall it.
3. New: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB and other bda digital TV devices can record TV show to disk. Windows XP SP1 required! This is still work in progress.
4. Changed: When switching from an analog TV channel to a digital TV channel, the analog device is freed before the digital device is initialized, and vice versa. This may solve some of the stability problems recently reported.
5. Fixed: Starting playback of ASF audio streams could lock up the MC GUI for several seconds.
6. Changed: The Podcast web browser now remembers its place (for 10 minutes) when you navigate to another window and then return.
7. NEW: Perbcast RSS feed files are now usable as one-click *.pcast subscriptions.
8. Changed: Mime type audio/ape and audio/x-ape now identify APE format files.
9. NEW: Added the ability to easily select thumbnail size and spacing from the "Top" and "Bottom" menus at the top of a library view.
10. Changed: Revised how the "files at bottom" system works for library views.
11. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
12. Changed: Dragging a splitter locked to a side now unlocks it.
13. Changed: At the beginning of an import from an external Explorer using the shell extensions, Media Center will bring itself to the foreground.

11.1.149 (3/20/2006)

1. Fixed: Going back a level in a library view wouldn't properly restore the scroll and selection.
2. Changed: Dvd is now capitalized in the right-click display menu.
3. Changed: Showing library view groupings as stacks is now optional. (Options drop menu at the top right of the view)
4. Changed: "Saving tag changes" and "Done saving tag changes" status bar text can now be translated.
5. Fixed: Using DirectSound output, the last portion of the last song in a playlist could loop a little before stopping.
6. Changed: The selection color of a library tile wouldn't change when the list got or lost the focus.
7. Fixed: Thumbnail / tile lists wouldn't behave nicely when very large spacing values were used. (redraw issues, etc.)
8. Fixed: Thumbnail lists with only one column would not render properly.
9. Fixed: The player area could draw without a menu, search box, or media buttons in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- couldn't easily reproduce)
10. Changed: TV will no longer get stuck at "Select a country and TV tuner input type" dialog when the driver returns an empty list of supported video standards.
11. Changed: Library Manager will allow changing location for remote libraries.
12. Changed: Podcast Tag dialog is now more consistent in its use of the <DEFAULT> keyword.
13. Fixed: Perbcast server omitted the "xmlns" keyword.  This made Perbcast XML "poorly formed".

11.1.148 (3/17/2006)

1. Fixed: MC plays ASX streams served up with an asp extension.
2. Optimized: Reworked drop-shadow engine to work much faster with images with no transparency. (like thumbnails)
3. Optimized: Several group-style thumbnail list optimizations. (should be 2x-3x faster than previous builds)
4. Changed: Added configuration menu items to the right-click menu for playback displays. (DVD, Video, TV, Images, etc.)
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "Next scheduled task" time could be wrong when multiple periodic tasks exist.
6. New: Added a dialog (under Podcast Options) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming for all feeds.
7. New: Added another dialog (under Feed Properties) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming overrides for that feed.
8. Fixed: CD labeler wasn't always obeying the state of the "include artist in track list" option.
9. Changed: Merged thumbnail and grouping-style list modes so that text, spacing, sizing, etc. is fully customizable for grouping thumbnails.
10. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

11.1.147 (3/16/2006)

1. Changed: Folders with only a Folder.jpg in them are no longer considered empty.
2. Fixed: When the "Automatically Import Files into Media Center" flag was set, Podcast media URLs were imported into the library.
3. Fixed: When Podcast media URLs were inserted in the library, it was not possible to manually download them.
4. Fixed: In the Podcast Feed windows, the Podcast ICON was resized to fill the window when you selected any Podcast episode.
5. Fixed: EXIF tags with circular links in them could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: The FLAC input plugin not properly supported, causing files to be set to zero length. (introduced in build 146)
7. Optimized: Several speed and memory optimization to grouping-style thumbnail lists.
8. Optimized: Improved drawing speed of core rendering engine used everywhere.
9. Fixed: Multiple bugs in the CD labeling program including a problem where the first preview worked, but nothing appeared on the second.

11.1.146 (3/15/2006)

1. Changed: The spacing between text and a drop arrow has been reduced.
2. Changed: If a search for Media Servers fails the previous or default library will be loaded (no longer includes offer to restore from backup).
3. Fixed: Windows Mobile devices were not retaining synchronization information.
4. NEW: When removing empty folders, folders with only a Thumbs.db or Folder.jpg in them will be considered empty.
5. Changed: The root of playlists now honors Access Filter settings.
6. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)
7. Fixed: Misspelling in the Download Manager.
8. Changed: WIA camera import gets video files off the device as well as images. (WIA doesn't have file extensions -- just WiaItemTypes)
9. Fixed: The fade-in / fade-out of text items in library tiles wouldn't look as clean as expected.
10. Fixed: Alpha on alpha drawing could produce strange effects in some cases.
11. Fixed: MC was not writing playlist information to some Windows Mobile devices.
12. Fixed: MC was not reading playlist information from some Windows Mobile devices.
13. Fixed: Digital TV in time-shifting mode could have access violations when switching channels.
14. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
15. Fixed: JPEG tags would not be properly saved. (use Update Tags (from library) to force save of tags)
16. Changed: Image tagging errors are now reported like audio tagging errors. (instead of suppressing the errors)
17. Changed: Revised the "no thumb" image shown in library grouping views.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.150
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:23:37 pm »

11. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.

Cheers.
Ctrl-Left Arrow Key and Ctrl Right Arrow key are still broken for selection however.

Additional Note:
Those new top/bottom menus are very cool!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »

I'm still having Browsing/Purchasing problems when accessing the Audible site from within MC.  These problems happen on 2 entirely different systems.

1)  When I "log off" of my Audible account from within MC, it causes an endless "Opening Page/Done" loop, during which the main window remains blank and Audible home page will not load.  I can finally get it to stop by navigating somewhere else in MC and navigating back to the Audible page.  This does NOT happen when I log on/off of the Audible site via an Intenet Explorer window.

2)  The Audible "shopping cart" and "Next Listen" list do not update properly when navigating the Audible site via MC.  For example, if I have a single item in my cart and I "remove" it, it appears to be removed since the screen now says "cart empty."  As soon as I navigate elsewhere on the site, however, the little "cart" info at the top of the page goes back to saying "1" item is in the cart, and when I open the cart page, the item that I had just removed is back in the cart.  The same situation is true for "adding" items to the cart (items do not "stay" added), as well as with the "Next Listen" list.  Adding or removing anything from these lists appears to work until I navigate away from and back to the list, at which point the lists return to their earlier state.

As with issue 1, this does NOT happen when I navigate the Audible site via a normal Internet Explorer window.  If I use an IExplorer window to navigate the Audible site, I can add or remove items from the cart and the cart stays correctly updated, and loging on or off works normally.

These issues happen with just Windows Firewall enabled, so it's not due to some odd firewall issue.  I get the exact same behavior on two different systems.

Thanks,

Larry

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:08:54 pm »

sorting a current area in library browsers like for example (Albums - by date). applies the sorting for all other areas
Tamer

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 07:15:58 pm »

sorting a current area in library browsers like for example (Albums - by date). applies the sorting for all other areas

Correct.

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »

9. NEW: Added the ability to easily select thumbnail size and spacing from the "Top" and "Bottom" menus at the top of a library view.

[...]

3. Changed: Showing library view groupings as stacks is now optional. (Options drop menu at the top right of the view)

I really like this thumbnail size and spacing option, it's great.

Would there be any chance to allow the "Play & View" options not to fade in and cut the cover art if we play with those spacing?

Also, thanks for the optional stack option.

Take care.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:30 pm »

Correct.

Alright, I guess I will have to stop posting that as a bug.

Both drop down settings on the right should specific for each field type.  When browsing by date and styles , I want smaller tiles sorted by number of files.  When sorting by albums, I want large tiles sorted by last played.

Certain views I want the files at bottom to show and others I don't.   

Also it seems to me that it would make it easier browsing if the 'view' menu on each tiles auto expanded when hovered over, no?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 11:53:58 pm »

Correct.
Well, thats new,..
But I always have my view like this:

genre [a-z] / Artist [a-z] / Albums [date]
Tamer

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 02:04:47 am »

Why italian/spania entries are? in the language file,  also in the English file.

Toggle Vista a Pantalla Completa,
#
Vista Estandar
#!

etc. etc. please fix this so I cannot translate further...
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 02:48:18 am »

1. NEW: Added read and write support for the disc number field on the iPod.

Thanks for this, it's working great.

Just a minor related point -  when syncing the IPod, the Action window is missing the word 'minuets' from the progress indicator

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 03:01:46 am »

I reported a bug in the 149 thread where new Audible downloads were listed as "missing" when I tried to do a sync.  I've discovered that the specific action that causes this bug is MOVING the file WHILE the iPod is connected to the system.

Since I want ALL of my audio to be saved in the same location, I move my Audible files to my "Audio Library" folder after I download them.  To do this, I use "Rename files from properties" to edit the "Path" of the file/s.  This moves the files, and MC can still see and play them, but the "handheld synching" part of MC can no longer see these files once I do this IF the iPod was connected when I did the move.  A "Re-check sync" does NOT solve the issue -- the file/s continue to be missing until I do one of the following:

1) Eject and reconnect the iPod.
2) Close and re-open MC.

After I do either one of these actions, the file is no longer listed as "missing" and it can therefore be synched to the iPod.

Note that this issue does NOT occur if I connect the iPod AFTER moving the file.  It's only when the iPod is connected WHILE the file is moved with "Rename files from properties" that the problem occurs.

Thanks,

Larry

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 03:52:53 am »

I've set up my Handheld Sync to "Delete files not in sync list", and have identified my Supported Types as mp3;wma;jpg;MPG;.

The problem is that MC is checking non-MC configured handheld folders on the PPC Storage Card, and is also identifying a non supported type, in particular a Tom Tom Navigator GPS map file: France.mid, to be deleted on sync.

It seems that MC11.1.x thinks the .mid file is some kind of media file - due to the associated icon - and flags it for delete, even though it's not listed in the "Supported File Types" field, nor sitting in one of the destination folders on the PPC.

What I would expect is that Media Centre:

A) only deals with files contained within the PPC folders configured within the Handheld option dialog (/images, /music, /videos)
B) only deals with files listed as 'Supported Types' of the Handheld option dialog (mp3;wma;jpg;MPG;).

Here is a diagram explaining what I'm trying to say: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/Deleting_GPS_Files.jpg

Regards,
Kwake

LonWar

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 07:42:53 am »

I really like this thumbnail size and spacing option, it's great.

Would there be any chance to allow the "Play & View" options not to fade in and cut the cover art if we play with those spacing?

Also, thanks for the optional stack option.

Take care.

The thumnail and spacing options are rally cool and convienent.

Now, if you put back the link for the tree, so you can change the views, that would be great.
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 07:53:25 am »

The thumnail and spacing options are rally cool and convienent.

Now, if you put back the link for the tree, so you can change the views, that would be great.

Right click on that bar.

Or hide the tree and a link appears at the left.

LonWar

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 08:12:30 am »

Right click on that bar.

Or hide the tree and a link appears at the left.

The right click works great.... Thanks!
-

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 09:28:32 am »

I'm seeing INSANELY slow tag updates times, around 1-2 sec/file, for .wma files downloaded from Rhapsody.  This seems to have started with 11.1.149 or 11.1.150.

Also, is there a way to use Library import to grab new tracks from a directory without also trying to update the library from the tags in all files (not just the new ones)?

The only option I see is:
[ ] Update library for external file changes

I assume this imports all the new files and also does an update library from tags for all files found?  If not, it needs a more descriptive name.

FYI My HD crashed and I lost all my audio files.  So, I restored my library with all the files missing.  Then I've been slowly re-ripping the files, or downloading them from Rhapsody, to replace them all.  If the files are ripped/downloaded with the exact same directory structure/name as before it works just fine, but the tags in the file might not match my updated ones in the library.  However, if I add new files I didn't have in the library before, there's no way to import them (other than through My Computer, or Windows Explorer) that won't also update my library from the possibly bad file tags.  This wouldn't be a big issue if the .wma tag saving wasn't taking soooo long, because I'd just save the library to tags and everything would be fine.

-John

David_1cog

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 11:15:34 am »

150 has removed the 'Files' link from the thumbnails 'peekaboo' ( ::)) list.  How do I reinstate it please?

LonWar

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 12:28:05 pm »

150 has removed the 'Files' link from the thumbnails 'peekaboo' ( ::)) list.  How do I reinstate it please?

Just click the tile.
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up