INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request Send image from library  (Read 871 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature Request Send image from library
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »

I know this has been asked before, but it's been a while.  I'm still waiting since v10 so I will ask again.

I have MC11.1 installed on a server managing all my music and photos.  From there, I source music and photos to my home theater, I use the library server for the three PCs in the house, and I use the UPnP server for my two Rokus.  The problem is that the library server basically makes my photos unusable.  My server machine is not setup to be used as a regular computer.  In fact, most of the time it doesn't even have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor hooked up.  Therefore, I make heavy use of the library server.  If my wife or I want to send a photo to the family, I can't do it unless I go find the specific file and copy it to the local machine first.  My wife would really would like to be able to easily send a picture of my kids to her parents in CA.  Unfortunately, that rarely happens because it is too much of a pain.

In the past, someone gave a reason related to copyrights.  That may be true, but in this case these are my photos.  The library server is only available to machines on my network, and I want to be able to email my photo.  Is it possible to add an option to allow this to happen?  As it stands now, I have 4500+ photos that can't be easily shared with my extended family.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request Send image from library
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:42 pm »

Could right-click > Send To > Email... work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

godavego

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:58:35 pm »

Not when you are using the remote library.  It only works if I am not using the library server.  If I am accessing the library server from another PC, the process gets part way through then fails.

godavego

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:26:22 pm »

When I try to send an image to an email recipient using a remote library client, this is the error I get:

Failed to resize image: C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\JRTemp\D:\Media\Pictures\2006\dave1.jpg

Note the extra D:\ in there.  The 'second' filename is where my files are on the server.  The first part looks like a temp dir on the client machine.

If I don't resize, nothing happens -- no messages, no email, nothing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up