INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems customizing tile view  (Read 894 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Problems customizing tile view
« on: March 21, 2006, 01:44:26 pm »

Hi,

I have some problems when customizing the tiles view. I'm not sure if it's a bug or perhaps it's my fault.

Here's what happens to me:

1.- Select an Artist with albums with long names.
2.- Click on Albums and the albums are displayed. The name of the album gets truncated with a (...) So far so good.
3.- Customize that album tile view so that the thumbnail shows two lines, as follows:
[Name]
[Date (Year)]
4.- Look at how is the album name now displayed. Instead of being truncated as in (2.-), now it shows the mid part of the name and the left and the right part of the name have dissapeared. So it seems that the text is centered but lost the pre-fixed boundaries.

Can anybody check if that's only me? Please make sure that you're using albums with long or very long names whose text gets truncated.

Thanks for your help.

Deivit

Re: Problems customizing tile view
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:26:46 pm »

Bump  ;D

The problem still persits in build 151.

A pic for better understanding

Click here for a larger image

In this example, please look at the highlighted Van Morrison's album. It probably should be shown as "Tell me something: The songs of..." However it shows as "omething: The songs of Mo". The same happens with other albums suchs as "How Long Has This Been Going On"

If you delete the [Date (Year)] field from the second line of the customization, the name of the album appears correctly (truncated with the ... at the end).

Is this not a bug??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:38:13 pm »

Next build:
Changed: Improved handling of long multi-line thumbnail captions in library grouping views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deivit

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 03:44:51 pm »

Thanks, Matt  :)

Any chance you could consider the possibility that in these cases the first scrolling effect when hovering over the text be scrolling it from left to right to be shown in full somehow?

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up