INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Vocal Reducer \ Winamp Plugins?  (Read 1343 times)

olarte

• World Citizen
Help: Vocal Reducer \ Winamp Plugins?
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:49:40 am »

I'm looking for a DSP or other type of plugin that will let me reduce the vocals from the Center Channel for a Kareoke effect.

There is a winamp plugin that works fairly well...

can Winamp plugins be used with MC?

thanks in advance.

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Help: Vocal Reducer \ Winamp Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 09:32:41 am »

Greetings,
Winamp dsp plugins definitely don't work in Media center.  :'(Or should I say don't work any longer. They used to work though. I have asked a number of times in this forum why that changed.and have never gotten any official answer or comment on the issue. It would be a really big plus to see them come back again though.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:15:07 am »

Since I have no clue as to the technical hurdles to do this, I can happily agree with your suggestion.  Enabling WinAmp plugins on MC isn't going to cause a mass exodus to WinAmp; rather I could see a lot of hard-core winamp users finally trying MC, and switching.

Of course, we'll have to deal with them in the forum.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:01:46 pm »

Since I have no clue as to the technical hurdles to do this, I can happily agree with your suggestion.  Enabling WinAmp plugins on MC isn't going to cause a mass exodus to WinAmp; rather I could see a lot of hard-core winamp users finally trying MC, and switching.

Of course, we'll have to deal with them in the forum.

Well I'm not a big fan of winamp in general (although i'll take that over Windows media anyday) I just happen to have found a plugin that kinda does what I'm looking for.

Basically all it is is an equalizer that can mix and redo the left and right channels and lets you reduce the volume for the center channel where most of the vocals are found.

There are programs that will do this, but I don't know which one really works or is worth the $30 or so, so the next best thing will be to use winamp for the few songs that I want to remove vocals from...

thanks

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 05:07:58 pm »

I was quite disappointed that the winamp plugin feature went away. Because Directx host isn't very  stable for multiple plugins. So I purchased the adapt-x host but I can't use it in media center now. If anyone's interested A while back I found a way around this issue. If you use VB plugin host inside directx host you can then use multiple plugins. I nicknamed it the Johnny Carson method because the guest host simply takes over and gets more favorable results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up