INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encoding from Audio Books - 64 bit  (Read 943 times)

savkar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Encoding from Audio Books - 64 bit
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:32:43 am »

I understood that encoding using anything higher than 64bit is probably a waste given that there is just no need for simply a voice reading of a book.

So I decided to encode using 64 bit. However, this is leading to a bizzare result in that my sampling is apparently 24Khz, which makes it unplayable on my audiotron.

How can I use this lower bit encoding and still get something that plays at 44.1KHz or perhaps half of that, 22.05Khz (which is also supported by Audiotron)?

Anyway to do this without having to do anything funky.

If this is not possible, what is the lowest bitrate that will still result in sampling at 44.1KHz?  Is there a way to set what the sampling size can be so I don't run into this problem?

Sunil

savkar

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Encoding from Audio Books - 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:51 pm »

Just as an update, I did an experiment ripping at 128, 64, and 32 and it appears that my Audiotron believes anything below 128kb is ripped at a frequency of 24KHz, rather than 44.1.

Is this right?  If I look in MC, it claims the sample rate is still 44.1khz.  Very strange.

Anyway, to fix this so that either I am properly sampling at 44.1 or at 22.05?  I have circumvented all of this by simply ripping at 128, but I felt this still leads to larger files with no real gain given it is just an audio book.

Sunil
Pages: [1]   Go Up