INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC for PPC?  (Read 2244 times)

JONCAT

MC for PPC?
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:59:41 am »

Just wondering if this has been discussed as a possability considering the future possability of affordable or free broadband wireless.

Has anyone tried connecting MC with a PPC via the Netremote GSPlayer plugin. Winamp w/ shoutcast and streampad are also possabilites but an MC app would trump them of course.

cheers,
Dr. C

Myron

• World Citizen
Re: MC for PPC?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:55 am »

I haven't tried this yet, mainly because I didn't know it existed.  I've been working on my own CCF for controlling MC for the last month or so.  Having GSPlayer pull tracks from MC sounds really cool!

I'll try it out when I get a chance....

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 12:08:51 pm »

Bad news!

I just learned from Marcel over on the Promixis forum that latest version of the plugin will not work with the current release of NR.  It only runs on the beta version which I don't intend to use till it's out (or nearly out) of beta.  Don't know when this might happen.

Maybe there are other more adventersome types here that are willing to give it a go now....

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 04:42:46 pm »

I'll give it a go. I f you get a chance to drop me a link to the Beta I'd appreciate it. I'm so busy I can barely find time to breathe. I'll report back if I get things going. Netremote was acting rather buggy on my Axim x51v. I used the pro version and would get an error when in the cradle regaring IR but then the program would open; if off cradle I wouldn't get the error and NR wouldn't open citing a critical error.

What about using the UPnP server. Can this be configured to send outside the LAN to something like a PPC?

Dr. C

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:19:42 pm »

Dr. C,

Glad to hear you're willing to give it a try.  Let us know how it goes.

Here's the thread with details about the latest NR beta:
http://promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14483&sid=54e2bbd1d994311fc7e23462ab6256be

Sorry to hear you're having issues with NR on your Ax.  I've got an X51v also and NR seems quite solid running on it, both in the cradle and via WiFi.  I haven't done much with IR other than trying to translate the CCF from my old Pronto remote.  That didn't work too well - many of the IR codes didn't seem to work.

If you're trying to out on the web with the UPnP server, you're beyond my personal experience.  From what I seem to remember from roaming the web is that it's not likely to work.  I think the J River gurus could give you a more authoritative answer.

As for using UPnP in your own LAN I only know of one solution that works.  There's a free UPnP control point that works with the Roku players only - both Win32 and PPC versions are available: http://www.tl-it.de/media/pages/visualmr.php

There's another control point for the PPC avalable from Rudeo, but it doesn't work with MC's UPnP server.

Good luck...

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:52:02 pm »

So far:

1. I have installed the beta and it seems to be working VERY well with the .61 of MC. Load times are quick.

2. I believe I am accessing from the WAN as I entered my external IP and used a port to forward through to media bridge.

3. BUT not sure how to use the GSplayer plugin. I put the Win32 in my media bridge plugin folder and the PPC into the ppc's NR plugin folder (a real pain since you can't see .dll files on the ppc)

4. It shows up under Proterties on the PPC NR but not sure how to run it. Nothing on the PC's media briidge about it. I have to try all this on my XP rig since now this is all running smooth on the x64>PPC system. I do want to see if it will work on the x64 since NR is working; any tips on how to "enable" the GSplayer plugin would be great. I only copied the respective .dll's to their respective locations on the x64 and PPC...not sure what those mp3sync files are but they weren't in the plugins folder with the .dll when I un-zipped the GSplayer plugin, and the reference notes just say to place the dll's in the right folders.

thanks!
Dr. C

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:46:16 am »

so far so good

I'm at school, about 25 miles froM the X64 machine & have the NR beta ticking away the seconds  of the song in my sig

Now to figure out this  Gsplayer plugin

Dr. C

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:37:56 am »

Dr. C,

Glad to hear you're making progress!

As for running the GSPlayer, there are a couple of CCFs in the zip file with the plugin.  Don't know what they do but I'd try loading them in NR to see if they show you how to use the player.

Can you give me some more details on the port forwarding thing?  I assume this lets you get past the firewall and connect to your LAN from the outside WAN.

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 04:44:20 pm »

I loaded it up and got an interesting GSPlayer interface. Couldn't figure out how to stream to PPC so I'll need tp post over at Promixis. I post here and we can continue the post over there if need be.

I have a port forwarded to my PC via the router interface and told the PPC mediabridge to use that port as well as the x64 server machine.

Dr. C

JONCAT

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 05:08:03 pm »

That thread is very vague, the gsplayer thread.....is GSplayer using MC itself to serve a stream back to the PCC or what. Hopfefully I can get a response from Marcel soon.

Dr. C

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 09:45:52 pm »

OK,

Saw your post over on Promixis' forum. 

BTW, I'm user 'emmee' over there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up