INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with syncing iPod  (Read 891 times)

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
Problems with syncing iPod
« on: April 02, 2006, 12:08:54 pm »

Hello There,

I've been using MC for over 5 years now, and I've always found it to be the best and most stable player on the market.

However, I seem to be having problems syncing my 60GB Video iPod with MC.

These are the steps I'm taking - I've no doubt that this is a user error, but any assistance would be appreciated.

1) I right click over the Apple iPod icon that is listed under "Drives and Devices" and select "Initilize iPod"

2) When that's done, the first issue I've noticed is that it states that there is 55.7GB of free space, although the iPod is empty - there should be 60GB.

3) So, I go to my newly initilized iPod in MC, and select the 4782 files I want to transfer. This comes to 28.9GB.

4) I get an error message stating "You have attempted to transfer more media than you can fit on your device. Your device is 3.0GB over capacity. Please remove tracks until you are within the available space limit."

So, in summary, MC thinks that my ipod has less space than it has.

When I go back to iTunes, I have no problem at all (apart from iTunes being a piece of <insert adjactive of your choice> )

I have taken screen dumps, but I can't attach it to this thread.

Can some one help?

Shelburt
--
"From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes" - Aldous Huxley

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: Problems with syncing iPod
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 09:49:35 am »

shelbert,

Regarding the 55.7GB of free space, MC is showing the correct amount of space.  If you go to Settings - About on the IPOD itself you will see that the capacity is actually less than 60GB.  Whether the drive is less than 60GB, or if Apples uses 4.3 GB, I am not sure.

Probably the best thing to do would be to first run the IPOD Updater software and completely Restore your IPOD and then initialize with MC.  I have had the same problem as you in the past and this has always seemed to correct.  Of couse, if your music is ONLY on your IPOD, this is not a viable solution.

Hope this helps.

shelburt

• Recent member
  • Wot's...Uh, the Deal?
Re: Problems with syncing iPod
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:22:12 pm »

Thanks mate, I'll give this a whirl and let you know how I get on.
--
"From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes" - Aldous Huxley
Pages: [1]   Go Up