INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New handheld user process  (Read 916 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
New handheld user process
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:11:49 am »

I just purchased a new Smartphone with Windows Mobile 5.0 and once my 1GB miniSD card arrives, I'm ready to join the handheld club.  I looked through the FAQ to see if there was a set of instructions as to the best way to do all this and read through what was in the Help. Unfortunately I didn't find one concise post. Questions exist like:
  • I have all my files stored in MP3 but I assume I want to convert them to a smaller size and staying with MP3 or WMA since I have to use Media Player 10 on the phone. What format and size is best?
  • Instead of having to convert automatically everytime, what's the best method to avoid this? I think I remember one post about adding a custom field like Converted to help select converted files. Do I keep conveted files in the same location or duplicate my folder structure elsewhere with converted files?
  • Anything else I can't think of right now because I haven't tried it
Anyway, I was hoping for an expert set of instructions as to this is the best way everybody agrees to do it.  :D
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: New handheld user process
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:38:12 pm »

Plug it in and drop some files on it in MC.  The whole thing should be pretty easy.

Once you're comfortable with that, play with setting up a sync.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up