INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library vs tags vs files help!  (Read 875 times)

gandt

• Recent member
library vs tags vs files help!
« on: March 30, 2006, 01:14:00 am »

I have a huge number of music files originally ripped with itunes. Ive swtiched to MC11 and am very happy with it. I spent several hours reviewing the file tags listed in MC when the music was imported. There were hundreds of errors where the tag bore no resemblence to the file. Fortunately the filename is a very reliable guide to the actual content of the file ( share/artist/album/tracks) so i could use the  "Fill properties from filename" feature to go through and fix them. The problem is that after i had made the corrections in the library (so the files "looked right" in MC11 i noticed that it had built up a back log of around 600 tags yet to be saved which was going to take hours to complete. Needlesstosay the machine hosting MC11 is wirelessly connected to the machine hosting the storage - needlesstosay the wireless connection went down.

Consequently i have around 600 files which "look right" in the library but haven't had their new tags saved - this matters because I also run slimserver and it doesn't "know" about the changes that only exist in the MC11 library. I guess i need an "overwrite existing tags with library properties" type function. Does this make sense or have i misinterpreted - can anyone advise me?

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: library vs tags vs files help!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 06:19:47 am »

You can use the "update tags from library" option under Library Tools.

gandt

• Recent member
Re: library vs tags vs files help!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 03:12:42 pm »

you are completely right! thanks - what a great program...
Pages: [1]   Go Up