INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Quisp Method--Express Yourself!  (Read 967 times)

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
The Quisp Method--Express Yourself!
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:16:11 pm »

I believe it was Quisp who suggested an alternative to windmilling stacks that involved several little icons displaying "number of files"  and whatnot.  Well, setting aside the whatnot, isn't there a way to display the number of files in a stack by inserting the appropriate expression in "thumbnail text" area in "Customize Current View"?  I say this because I notice that the field I have for "File Size" is reporting a summed total when shown for a stack.

The problem is that I've generally avoided expressions like the Plague or Bill Collectors or a Plague of Bill Collectors.  Can somebody help me?  What would "number of Files" look like written in that expressions gobbledegook?

jgreen

Re: The Quisp Method
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:57 am »

Beg Pardon.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: The Quisp Method--Express Yourself!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:58:50 pm »

sorry jg, last time I looked, expressions couldn't count files.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 02:18:47 pm »

no way to actually count but i wonder if a hack would work assuming you have track numbers entered in for all your tracks.

- a smartlist to reverse sort [Track #] & [Album] puts the highest track number first and groups by [Album]

- Pick only 1 track/album using limit . Will it pick the first track each time, thereby the track with the highest (Track #].

- customise columns to show [Album] & advanced expression with name [Track Count]but actually references [Track#]

No you won't see a track count in Tiles view but a smartlist of the above might work.

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:49:47 pm »

(jgreen gazes wistfully into the distance, and sighs.  Unbidden, the words of the poet come to mind.  "Of all sad words of tongue or pen . . .")

Thank-you to Marko and NY for trying, at least. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up