INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same Album art for new MP3's  (Read 942 times)

compwiz32

Same Album art for new MP3's
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:07 pm »

I have a problem with my cover art. Whenever I add a new song that did not find album art from a lookup, the same cover art is applied to everyone of thise tracks.

I know I saw a thread about htis issue once before, but I can;t find it.

How do I set program so it stops importing this one piece of cover art for all my new songs without cover art?

Thankx in advance !!!

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: Same Album art for new MP3's
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:50:00 pm »

Confirm same problem here.

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 09:22:24 am »

I may be misunderstanding the question, but maybe this will help:

Under "Tools -> Options," in the File Location area, under Track Images Location, what settings are you using?

If you have it set to "Next to file (folder.jpg)" then your image will get renamed folder.jog and get stored in the appropriate folder (next to the file or files it belongs with). However, if all of your new music files are in the same folder, then every time you add more cover art, the cover art will keep replacing itself (because it's all named folder.jpg) and will associate with everything in that folder.

For that reason, I'd suggest using the "Tools -> Options -> File Location -> Track Images Location" option of "Next to file ([Artist] - [Album].jpg)" so that the cover art names are more likely to always be unique and don't over-write each other .... and resist adding cover art images until the art has been stored and moved to it's final resting place on your hard-drive (so you'll be less likely to orphan cover art in odd folders while using MC to batch-rename/organize the music files).

The benefit of the "In specific folder" option, though, is that all of the cover art stays in one MC cover art folder, with the art staying associated with the proper files at all times....  I prefer the "next to file" options, however, because it allows me to move the art and music files all at once when needed (to another hard drive or burning everything to a disc, etc.).

The one problem I've had with this (saving "next to" instead of in the specific cover art folder) is that MC doesn't always recognize the cover art file in the folder automatically -- you have to manually tell MC to associate the art with the music ("Image -> Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory" does not appear to quick-find and associate cover art that is stored next to the music in the same folder, unless I'm doing something wrong).

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:56:27 am »

Can someone provide some insight on how to avoid the problems that Lukecro mentioned? I'm thinking about switching from the one cover art folder since it's getting so many files and moving to the next to file option. But I'm not sure on how to make sure that the images will always stay with their respective music files. Questions exist like do I have to import all the cover art images, how to associate them, etc. Basically what is the correct way to make sure the "next to file" procedure works?

Jeff
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up