INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Functionality and the future of MJ  (Read 683 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Functionality and the future of MJ
« on: September 20, 2002, 08:15:19 am »

I am absolutely in favor of the complete media manager idea BUT the only problem I see is this. Every other program that ive ever seen that gets into dealing with multiple handling capabilities has been done very wrong. They are buggy and worst of all in trying to incorporate everything into one program, they lose A LOT of functionality. Case in point, Real Jukebox was a great program (before I discovered MJ that is) then Real Networks got into working on RealOne and i personally believe the took a HUGE step in the wrong direction. OF COURSE if it had been handled correctly, im sure RealOne would be a great program. I often find that in order to get max functionality, using specialty programs for each function works better. Now thats not saying that MJ cant be a great Media Manager, but you guys are going to have to stay on the forefront with FUNCTIONALITY being the key word. I say if youre going to go for it, dive in head first but keep your eyes wide open just as you have thus far. I for one would be absolutely estatic to have a program with the functionality and detailed options as Nero, EAC, ThumbsPlus(not an ACDSee fan here), PowerDVD, etc., etc., etc. You guys also have one up on every other company out there, that being your customer support. It is absolutely unparalleled. Microsoft could only dream of being so consumer savvy. So in conclusion, I say FUL STEAM AHEAD!!! Just dont let functionality fall behind and your eyes for detail become clouded. All hail Media Jukebox and JRiver.  :D :D :D :D :D
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Re: Functionality and the future of MJ
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2002, 08:17:11 am »

Also, the media managing capabilities of MJ are amazing.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up