INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing a handheld device  (Read 785 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Editing a handheld device
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:40:00 am »

Once a handheld device has been added, there is no way in MC to lookup or edit the device path defined. The only way is to search the registry.

Please add some right-click properties menu to each device added, so we know where we sync our files.

This is especially important in a testing phase, where we are trying out. Right now I always have to define a new device or edit the registry.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:51:33 am »

Once a handheld device has been added, there is no way in MC to lookup or edit the device path defined. The only way is to search the registry.

Please add some right-click properties menu to each device added, so we know where we sync our files.

This is especially important in a testing phase, where we are trying out. Right now I always have to define a new device or edit the registry.

We don't allow editing the path because that doesn't have clear meaning.  Would files get automatically moved from the old location to the new?  Would files get deleted?

If you want to point to a new path, simply create a new virtual device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:03 am »

We don't allow editing the path because that doesn't have clear meaning.

Thanks Matt for your argument - I understand that, as I moved the files by hand from the old to the new location and edited the playlist by hand. But at least you should display the device path somewhere. I might have forgotten it after some time. After adding a new device, the device path is not visible any longer.

Bug or by design?

I have defined 2 devices to sync to my notebook (Sync2audio and Sync2image), as they are on different drives. When the notebook is off, they don't appear in the drives&device tree. If I turn the notebook on, I would expect it to behave like a handheld and MC11.1 would detect it and display the 2 new devices. This does not happen. I have to restart MC11.1 to get detected.

I could probably set "Auto-Sync on connect", but this means I have no control when the synching takes place. I would prefer to control the synching process as I do not want to sync every time I connect.

The same happens, when I turn the notebook off. I would assume that the devices disappear from the drives&device tree, but they stay there until I restart MC11.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up