INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.372  (Read 2883 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.372
« on: September 17, 2002, 08:37:56 am »

Media Jukebox 8.0.372 is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Media Jukebox was incorrectly submitting information for compilation CDs.
2. Fixed: Media Jukebox was removing internal images instead of removing association to an external image file.
3. Fixed: DVD playback would not work correctly on some computers.
4. Fixed: CD-text would not be read from a CD that was just inserted into the drive.
5. Fixed: Download Manager was not saving setting to disable browser integration
6. Fixed: "Save with Download Manager" menu item was not removed after disabling browser integration.

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.372
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 11:37:07 am »

Yir im first...
but sorry no bug report
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 01:05:29 pm »

yup, download manager bug fixed, good job guys.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

sekim

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 03:18:59 pm »

370 thread is still open.

cjdshaw

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 03:23:13 pm »

Hmmm. That link seems not to point at a file...

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 03:42:04 pm »

We moved it to the downloads page this afternoon but forgot to change the link.  It works again.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2002, 04:23:42 pm »

Version just says MediaJukebox8. Is this 372?

ADDITIONAL:

Was this statement from the 'no builds tonight' thread for v8 or v9?

>>> Yes, but the next build finally won't jump all over and change what's selected and expanded when the left tree updates. <<<

phatrabt

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 04:33:00 pm »

Moving this here since the new version was the same...  

Cover art path problem

Nikolay,
Uninstalled and installed newest ver, still does the same thing.  I uninstalled and installed v9, got the same problem.  (BTW, I did delete the JRiver dir between installs and rebooted.)  I'm at a loss, the only other thing I can try is a re-install Windows to see if that will do it...  (I might do it anyway, since I have problems with video playback at times as referenced in a few threads here on Interact.)  If you have any other ideas please let me know!

JimH

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 05:04:38 pm »

phatrabt,
Please post the whole problem.

machinehead.  Yes.  372 is on the downloads page and the link in this thread is to the same file.  Comments last night are about 9, but Matt is still keeping it to himself.  I tried to pry it out of his hands tonight but failed.
Jim Hillegass

phatrabt

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 06:04:48 pm »

The whole thread on my problem:

Me:
I might be doing something wrong. but... I change the default cover art directory to something other than the JRiver directory. When I get the cover art from the internet from within MJ, it will only let me save cover art to the JRiver directory.

Nikolay:
phatrabt,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might be doing something wrong. but... I change the default cover art directory to something other than the JRiver directory. When I get the cover art from the internet from within MJ, it will only let me save cover art to the JRiver directory. If you guys could take a look it would be great... :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't reproduce the problem. What is the new path?

Nikolay

Me:
Nikolay,
I've changed the path from the default JRiver dir to another drive that I keep my music on. The path is D:\Multimedia\Music\Cover Art\ . I get cover art from the internet and it MJ downloads it to the default JRiver dir for cover art (How do I know this? It says "Linked to external image C:\Program Files\JRiver\..etc and also I looked in the dir itself and the d-l'd cover art was in the default cogver art dir instead of the one specified. One more thing... When I hit the button to select another cover art directory, it will only let me select a file, not a dir. This is NOT the dialogue that I expect when it's obvious I'm picking a dir, not a file. Can you take a look at that too? Thanks Nikolay!!

Nikolay:
phatrabt,

When I hit the button to select another cover art directory, it will only let me select a file, not a dir.

That is odd. Did you do that at the following location: Settings->Options->File Name & Location->Track Images Location ?

I can't reproduce this bug.

Nikolay

Me:
Nikolay,
Yes. I even tried selecting the "File Types" drop down box, but it would only let me select graphics files. I'll install 372 and see if that corrects the problem. If not, I'll uninstall and re-install. Thanks Nikolay!

Nikolay,
Uninstalled and installed newest ver, still does the same thing. I uninstalled and installed v9, got the same problem. (BTW, I did delete the JRiver dir between installs and rebooted.) I'm at a loss, the only other thing I can try is a re-install Windows to see if that will do it... (I might do it anyway, since I have problems with video playback at times as referenced in a few threads here on Interact.) If you have any other ideas please let me know!

sekim

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2002, 02:54:32 pm »

>>> I tried to pry it out of his hands tonight but failed. <<<

Kind of greedy ain't ya Matt?

<----- Matt on the lookout for anyone trying to get at the latest release of MJ 9.

JaredH

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 03:05:06 pm »

Hey guys, the Id3 tagging disabled error message is popping up again when v2 is disabled.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.372
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1801 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 723 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer
J. A. Hayslett

JimH

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2002, 03:18:52 pm »

Jared,
This definitely could be a bug, but I think you're the only one reporting it.  Any other software running?  Or files read-only?  It doesn't make sense.  Any more details you can provide would be appreciated.

Jim
Jim Hillegass

JaredH

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2002, 04:51:38 pm »

nope, none of my files are read only, and occasionally i have IE running, and I always have AIM running, but that never bothered it before. When you guys fixed that problem a couple builds ago it worked and the error message didnt pop up, but the past 2 builds have been popping that message up so i just figure it was a bug.
J. A. Hayslett

dragyn

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2002, 05:32:59 pm »

The following bugs deals with streaming audio. These bugs are in this version and also in the lastest v9 preview version. Please consider fixing these bugs. I'll take this step by step so there's no confusion.

Step 1: First we need a streaming audio file. I personally like Club977 so we'll use this one for display purposes. File/Open Streaming File...: http://club977.com/CLUB977HI.pls

Step 2: Once the tunes start playing, head on over to "Playing Now". From here, choose the "Clean-n-Tidy II" visualization.

Bug #1: If you will noticed, the remaining_time in this visualization is counting up. If you have remaining_time in the Player Window, this will return LIVE instead.

Step 3: I have all my streaming audio playlists imported into the library. Need to do this next.

Bug #2a: Once imported, take a look at the "Location" field in the Tree View pane. All streaming audio files have "(unassigned)". Not really a problem in v8, but nothing shows when clicking on it.

Bug #2b: Clicking on "(unassigned)" in v9 will crash it.

Bug #2c: Using the "Volume Name" view scheme, these will show as "HT" Not really sure if it's a bug. I would think HTTP.

Bug #3: This type of streaming audio has ID tags shown with the music. Visualizations (including Track Info & Slide Show) won't update when the name has changed even though the Player window does.

Step 4: I like to rename the Artist/Album to reflect what I'm listening to. So in this case the Artist would be Club977 and the Album would be 128k.

Bug #4a: When renaming any of these field, an error comes up and says the tag cannot be renamed. File is in use/Read-Only.

Bug #4b: This hold true in v9 except this also comes up everytime you switch views..like from Playing Now.

Bug #5: I use Replay-Gain for my files. Sometimes a streaming audio file gets in there. This is bad as it will never end. I don't know what would happen if it got into a CD-Burn (Audio) process.

Bug #6: When using "Update Library..." from the file menu and choosing "Files that don't exist", these files get deleted from the database yet they technically exist.

-

This is a partial list. I am most likely forgetting some. Please take the time to fix these. If not v8, hopefully for v9.
I've been using Slide Show for the last couple days and if it would update when the tags change, that would be really cool (bug#3).

Thanks for listening.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.372
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 45 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2002, 05:33:02 pm »

Same problem as last several builds:
I have to re-download the MP3 encoder from the plugins page after every new build or I get the "WinOldApp" error. After re-downloading, everything works fine. You would think it would be the same encoder plugin that comes with the new build as is on the plugins page.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

eso

• World Citizen
Re: Media Jukebox 8.0.372
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2002, 11:53:31 pm »

2. Fixed: Media Jukebox was removing internal images instead of removing association to an external image file.

But it still adds an external file as cover image even if there's a cover image in the tag! Please fix this (or make it optional), it currently prevents that I can import files correctly into MJ!
Pages: [1]   Go Up