INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: downloaded skins and plug-ins--some never show up???  (Read 1899 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
downloaded skins and plug-ins--some never show up???
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:30 am »

(MC 12.0.226 running in XP)
I have downloaded several plug-ins and skins lately, and most appear in their respective lists within MC, but some I cannot find.  For example, where is Blue Too, a theater view skin?  I have downloaded it 3 times, restarted XP, etc. and cannot find it.  It is not in Skin Manager or the Theater View options screen.  In fact, I can't get any new skins to show up in the theater view options screen.  (Is this a bug?)

Plug-ins are the same way.  Some show up, such as Best and Best for TV, but some don't.  I can't find the name of the one I am thinking about, but it is the one with the MODERN.TTF font needed to display properly.  I have installed it twice, including the font, but it doesn't appear in any lists either.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: downloaded skins and plug-ins--some never show up???
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 10:04:07 am »

There is a version number in the main.xml file for each skin.  You could try changing it, but the skin may not be complete.  Check one of the working skins for the most recent version number (2.1 I think).

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: downloaded skins and plug-ins--some never show up???
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 10:18:58 am »

(MC 12.0.226 running in XP)
Plug-ins are the same way.  Some show up, such as Best and Best for TV, but some don't.  I can't find the name of the one I am thinking about, but it is the one with the MODERN.TTF font needed to display properly.  I have installed it twice, including the font, but it doesn't appear in any lists either.

If you remember which plugin it is, we can probably provide more details.
Is it a visualisation plugin?
Pages: [1]   Go Up