INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OK Now I Hit Trouble.  (Read 1418 times)

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
OK Now I Hit Trouble.
« on: June 19, 2003, 11:39:23 am »

:o

i still have the free one yet as i am not going to send my credit card over the net..

but that is not the trouble.  i have just found i can not encode Ogg files.   it seems to have stopped all encodeing after the 30 time period was up.

i can make wav and that is it.  i can not even use my external encoder, as that one just makes the folders for the song but makes no song file?

is there a real problem with this or did you stop the encodeing if it was not bought?

thanks.
roving cowboy / keith hall

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: OK Now I Hit Trouble.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 07:03:00 pm »

You've hit the end of the trial..so some things may not work anymore...such as encoding. Until you get over your fear of Internet CC transactions, you can always go to xiph.org and download the vorbis package. From there you could run oggenc from the command line to encode your wav's...or download EAC which will rip & encode.

Back to the Internet thingy...
IE6 (and JRiver) use 128 bit (or higher) encryption for CC transactions. There is NO way anyone is going to get a hold of your CC number for that reason. So pony up the dough (better yet...spend a few more DeNiro's and pick up Media Center).

10-27

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 04:09:27 am »

Only MP3 encoder is disabled after 30 day trial period.  
You don't have to buy MJ if you want to encode OGG files.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 07:30:07 am »

thanks that is what i thought.  

i just uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it and it still  did not encode only  a wav.  

so i am not going to worry about it i will use  cdex to encode the ogg files and just use mjb for a player.  

as i have to re type the tags anyway it is not any good for me now.  for anything other then a player.  but since mc9 is out how much longer i wonder are they going to keep mjb8  ??  

i have an idea  how about every one that has a copy of the mjb version 1 through 8   getting a free copy of version mc 9,   sounds good to me  allthough it more then likely wont happen :D
roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up