INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very cool playing now plugin which pops up, changes msn and updates your blog!  (Read 4261 times)

mkordahi

• Recent member
  • i did it, guilty as charged!

Hi all,

I've just written a MC plug-in. It's called DG PlayingNow Updater. Highly creative I know :-)

DG PlayingNow Updater puts a description of the currently playing Media Center track into one, or all, of the following places:

* Popup window (”toast” style)
    * MSN Messenger “What I’m listening to” area
    * A wordpress blog

I know there are others which do something similar but I've had issues with them for one reason or another so I decided to write one plug-in which does it all.

Besides, being able to update your blog with what's currently playing on Media Center is pretty cool!

Some screen shots:

Pop-up “toast”

WordPress (blog) plug-in

MSN Messenger “What I’m listening to”

For more info and download go on over to http://delicategeniusblog.com/?page_id=105

See the blog portion of it in action over at http://delicategeniusblog.com you'll see it on the right hand side.

It's still in very early stages so your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, . . . Michael

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!

The info page says it is for MC 10.
Does it work with 11 and 11.1 as well?

mkordahi

• Recent member

pank2002

That is very cool. Especially the pop-up window. Keep up the good work.

Does gaim support the Listening to info in MSN?
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

GHammer

• MC Beta Team

Latest build runs with v11 and v11.1.

Get it here

http://delicategeniusblog.com/downloads/DGPlayingNow/DGPlayingNow_0.1.1.2.zip

-dg
Thank you!
Unfortunately, I get this error after 15-20 minutes:

DGPlayingNow.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c91103c" referenced memory at "0x000a01f4". The memory could not be "written".

mkordahi

• Recent member

pank2002,

From what i can see GAIM doesn't support "What I'm Listening To" but they're working on it. I'll keep my eye on it as i have a few other who want that feature too.

GHammer,

Is this consistently repeatable? Does it happen all of the time? What version of MC are you using? Are you using all three features (MSN, Popup, Wordpress) or are there any of them turned off?

Also, I'm working on a new build due out in the next few days and have fixed quite a few performance and memory issues, so try that when it's released - I'll keep you posted.

-dg

GHammer

• MC Beta Team

Hello,

Yes, it is fairly consistent. I do not have WordPress enabled.
I use MC 11.1.089 (latest)

I'll check back in a few days.

mkordahi

• Recent member

v0.1.1.3 just released, get it here - http://delicategeniusblog.com/?page_id=105

Added:
- CoverArt display on Popup
- More display tags (%track, %artist, %album, %playcount, %duration, %rating, %genre, %notes, %trknumber, %year)
- Fixed some bugs

GHammer, I've got several people running it on MC 11.1 for over 2 days straight with no issues. If this build causes you issue, contact me privately and will try to troubleshoot that way.

-dg

GHammer

• MC Beta Team

GHammer, I've got several people running it on MC 11.1 for over 2 days straight with no issues. If this build causes you issue, contact me privately and will try to troubleshoot that way.

-dg
Will do.

tenacious:Ðåv£™

• Recent member

I'm digging this plugin.  1 question... would it be much trouble to modify it so that it actually runs as an 'internal' media center plugin, so that it runs and stops with media center, instead of having to be run separately?
tenacious:Ðåv£™

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock

Thank you for working on this!

How about making this plugin submit to last.fm?

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

How about making this plugin submit to last.fm?

That would make this already phenomenal plug-in perfect!

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!

When browsing the internet i have media center playing in the background, but when a song came on the i didn't recognize and wanted to know the name of it i had to switch to media palyer to see it.

This wonderful plugin solves that problem perfectly, everytime when browsing on the net a new song starts playing the pop-up comes up and tells me what it is and of course if i missed it all i have to do is click the icon in the task bar to get the song info.

The plugin is great, is there a way to change the agua background and text and have the whole thing contrast a bit more?, also if it included the last 5 songs played feature it would be more than perfect, lol.

Thanks for all the hard work

TC :)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen

I had troubles with this plugin. It keeps on starting another instance of MC (there were 2 MC.exe running in Task Manager). After closing MC, 1 instance is still running (only in Task Manager - not visible as an application). Also it keeps Windows from shutting down and must be close manually (Exit)...
Caused me a lot of troubles - unfortunately; this is exactly what I need...  :(

mobyfrag

• World Citizen

Thanks mkordahi for this great plugin!  ;D :D

Is .NET 2.0 needed?

Is an update envisaged soon? I think that it is necessary that this plugin becomes compatible with Windows Live Messenger 8.0::)

What do you think about it?  ?

NeDtHeOnE

I really like this plugin VERY COOL.....

But the problem is .. Its not woring properly...

I mean everything is perfect... It shows on msn messenger . but not what i am playin instead this " %artist - %title form %album" It shows this on msn window all the time!

I am using Media Center 11.1.46 and Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0689

mobyfrag

• World Citizen

No news... No update  ::) :'(

laerm

• Galactic Citizen

hmmm, i would love to give this a shot, but as soon as it loads it crashes .NET immediately. do i need to update my .NET?

mobyfrag

• World Citizen

hmmm, i would love to give this a shot, but as soon as it loads it crashes .NET immediately. do i need to update my .NET?

I had to use version 2 of the .NET framework… I imagine that it is similar for everyone.  ::)

NeDtHeOnE

I really like this plugin VERY COOL.....

But the problem is .. Its not woring properly...

I mean everything is perfect... It shows on msn messenger . but not what i am playin instead this " %artist - %title form %album" It shows this on msn window all the time!

I am using Media Center 11.1.46 and Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0689

Is it possible for this versoin ?  plz help! .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed  .. but still its not working!
Pages: [1]   Go Up