INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy way to concatenate?  (Read 865 times)

udeups

Easy way to concatenate?
« on: September 19, 2002, 09:25:22 am »

Here's my situation... I have made several playlists under a playlist group called "Mood." The playlists are 7 or so different moods that I have chosen to categorize my music into. Now, some songs go into more than one mood. So far so good. Now, I want to store that information in one of the tags (right now, it's Custom2, but it could be comment, etc). However, for the songs that are in more than one mood catgeory, I have not found a good way to select them, and append the 2nd category onto the first.

So, for example. 10 songs in "Mellow," two of which are also in "Nightime." Select all in "Mellow," change custom2 tag appropriately. Now, select all in "Nightime," 2 of them have the Mellow designator and I wish to add another without replacing it.

Am I totally going about this the wrong way?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Easy way to concatenate?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 09:36:36 am »

Why do you want to get the values into the custom fields?

Could you just export the playlists instead if you want an external backup?

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

udeups

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 09:46:11 am »

Yeah, that's a good way to do it too. I guess my main motivation was to use that information for view schemes. But, now that I think about it, I can do that same thing by making a view scheme based on the playlists. duh! :)

skidoo

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 11:29:36 am »

Use a custom field to record very specific mood values.  That is, make a list of all the distinct moods you think you'll ever want to use, then tag your songs appropriately.  EACH SONG ONLY GETS ONE MOOD.

Then, don't make playlists for MOODS, make playlists for SITUATIONS.  E.g. "nighttime," or "I'm feeling mellow."
Pages: [1]   Go Up