INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Decoder Problem  (Read 1158 times)

bpd

DVD Decoder Problem
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:05:03 am »

Hi,

I am running MC11.0.316 and have installed InterVideo WinDVD 6 in an attempt to playback DVD's through MC.

If I drag the 1st .vob file into the library I seem to be able to play the DVD back with video but I get no sound on either the 2 ch stereo or SP/DIF output.

The DVD plays fine in WinDVD (both Audio & Sound) but not in MC11.

If I try to set the Playback options for DVD PLayback in the options dialog it tells me that "*No Valid DVD-Video volume could be located".

Upon clicking OK the DVD Configuration Dialog is displayed and when I select Video or audio Decoder properties I am told that MC is "Unable to show DVD Decoder properties".

This is all the information/help I can find about this problem.  Can someone please suggest a reason as to firstly how to get the DVD Decoder properties to appear or at least how to get audio working with the DVD Playback.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: DVD Decoder Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:31:07 am »

I have had similar problems which all went away when I installed a different DVD decoder.  WinDVD never worked for me, in fact MC crashed with it.  I have had success with PowerDVD (version 4 or above) or Roxio DVDmax Version 4.  I set them to play audio using the SPDIF and the decoder automically picks up the DTS or AC-3

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
DVD Decoder Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:21 am »

I have just tried to run a DVD for the first time on my PC (the living room is far more comfortable than my office  ;) )

The sound was poor (two channel on a 5.1 system) and the picture quality appalling (thin black line across the screen when the pictue is maximised, but not when in a window).

I tried to sort out the sound problem first, but whatever choices I make under DVD configuration > audio, I only seem to get the optios of stereo, headphones of spdif. There is also a button about 'Roxio' updates (I do not know who Roxio are, but I am using MC 11.1.175).

Am I missing something obvious?
Can MC play DVDs? or should I have a 3rd party plug-in?
Pages: [1]   Go Up