INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cue a song to DJ with MC 11  (Read 1656 times)

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Cue a song to DJ with MC 11
« on: May 01, 2006, 11:31:50 am »

hi.

is there anyway to "cue up" a song to dj using MC 11?

thanks..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cue a song to DJ with MC 11
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 11:39:53 am »

Right-click "Add to Playing Now" or use the right-click send to menu for more advanced playback position handling or adding to a playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:18:49 pm »

sorry..i wasn't clear.

I meant to actually listen to an up-coming song as you do on a real mixer.  i have an external soundcard with a multiple channels so wondering if this is possible..

thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 03:41:57 pm »

No problem.  Just create a second zone.  It's a pretty slick solution.

Player > Playback Options > Zone Manager... (or right-click the DSP button on the player area)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 06:26:23 pm »

I'll jump in on on this one and add my own spin on this cueing request... as a DJ, after I've previewed the track in my secondary "Preview" zone and I've determined that I want to start the track 8 seconds into it after the intro and applause have died down, I want to set the IN (and OUT) points on the fly and have them be respected when I send the track to my primary "Dance Floor" zone.

Pleeeeaaassssee???

Cheers,
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 10:39:34 pm »

I'll jump in on on this one and add my own spin on this cueing request... as a DJ, after I've previewed the track in my secondary "Preview" zone and I've determined that I want to start the track 8 seconds into it after the intro and applause have died down, I want to set the IN (and OUT) points on the fly and have them be respected when I send the track to my primary "Dance Floor" zone.

Pleeeeaaassssee???

Cheers,
Jeff

Would being able to edit the "Playback Range" field by hand be good enough?  MC supports this functionality but doesn't expose it to the user. (it's how CUE support works for example)

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 10:15:35 pm »

THIS IS F'N BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!

Ok, so after a few config trial and errors, I managed to get this to work as follows but wondering if this is an "ideal" setting as some things seemed off.

As for the zones, I have a USB gigaport external soundcard set to a "LIVE" zone with the "output mode=Wave out".  I do see an option for "ASIO" which is the typical setting in Traktor but wondering why this is not the output mode?  (note: I can only control the volume through the System sound)

I then have a "CUE" zone with "output mode=direct sound" which comes out through the headphone out which I can then listen to a song with headhpones and then right click/send to/add next to play (LIVE) zone. (note: I can only again control sound through a volume button on my PC) Is there anyway to control sound through MC as you toggle between zones?

So this works really well but wondering if there's a way to use "split view' to view both zones simultaneously? Or a any button to toggle between zones.  (I do use ctrl T)

Also, what do the following features do:
-"timing (ms)" in the main zone manager
-synchronize in the main zone manager.

thanks for all your help!

Pug

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 03:19:54 am »

It would be really nice if the actual splitting view could be used for viewing playback lists of different zones at once!!

I guess, in most cases, limiting the playback manually by using the way it works with cue files would be enough, but it should be possible to set this timing in the interface instantly, without editing any cue files manually!

These two steps would enhance MC 1000% with regard to DJ capabilities!!

Pug

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:47 am »

Would being able to edit the "Playback Range" field by hand be good enough?  MC supports this functionality but doesn't expose it to the user. (it's how CUE support works for example)

This would be very interesting. Naturally there should be a way to keep the playback ranges that are edited by hand and the ranges coming from cue files separate. Perhaps you could make a second playback range field, which would display the selected range in a standard time format (like: In 1:25 Out 3:94). MC could use the combined values of these two separate playback range fields in case the file happens to be a cue file.

Many video editor programs use the "i" and "o" keys for specifying the in and out points on the timeline. Something similar could be added to MC. For example: select the "playback range" mode - seek the start point and press "i" - seek the end point and press "o". And of course: press "c" for clearing the range.

MC would use this memorized range whenever the track is played and this function is enabled. The function could have an on/off button besides the Continuous and Shuffle buttons. The DSP button could be separated from this group of three buttons because it has quite different purpose.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 03:27:39 pm »

Matt,
What he (Alex B) said!
;)
Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up