INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Problems  (Read 1352 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Podcast Problems
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:20:51 pm »

Is it possible to completely delete a feed such that if I add it back as a new podcast later, MC treats it as if it has never seen the feed before?

My problem: When I delete a feed and the associated files, MC seems to keep a record of this feed somewhere.  If I later go back and add the feed, MC displays the status as it existed when I previously deleted the feed.

But I have one feed that seems to be corrupted. I originally gave it one name.  Then I changed the feed name as well as the Artist and Album tags on the previously downloaded episodes.  Then I accidentally deleted the feed.  When I added it back by creating a new podcast, it returned me to my previous state.  However, the files are not playing.  MC gives me the error "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right direction."  But if I look at the tag properties, I know the path is correct. If I delete the episodes and try to re-download, I get the message, "Media Center encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs."  This problem occurs for new episodes, not just the ones that existed previously. The files must be getting corrupted during download because I cannot play them in any media player.

The feed is NPR's Marketplce Takeout (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/RSS/marketplacetakeout.xml). I don't think there are any problems with their files or their podcast.

So, I want to completely remove all evidence that this feed ever existed within MC and start fresh.  How do I do that?

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Podcast Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:21:43 pm »

FYI:  Here is my system info:

Media Center Registered 11.1.178 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 303 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-712A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-712A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:16:25 pm »

There may be something wrong with the feed or something incompatible with MC.  I tried and can play episodes of January 10 or earlier, but not later episodes.  If you open the link in a browser, you can see that they seem to have used mp3 files before that date and now they're using Audible format files.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 03:03:07 pm »

Thanks Jim,

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'll inquire with the Marketplace publishers.

By the way, I've been absent from the forum for a while. But I'm still an avid user of MC. You guys are doing a great job. I just purchased a 5G iPod video. It was easy to set up in MC and worked flawlessly. I'm new to podcasting. Your software makes it easy. I was up and running in a few mintues. MC lies at the heart of all of my digital entertainment. Thanks to you and your team for the great work and support.

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 03:24:40 pm »

Thanks, Steve.  Nice to hear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up