INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errors on MC11.1  (Read 840 times)

KyleKlinsmann

Errors on MC11.1
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:17:30 am »

Hi! I'm trying the program and I think is awesome!
I have some errors that I can't solve...

1-"Wrong parameter" when I try to set up a new recording profile.
I get this error after choosing AVI or WM formats; I can't choose another codec (always get blank in the codec list) no matter wich of both I select. Also tried a clean XP SP2 installation but no success.
I have a Pinnacle PCTV 110i (Philips 7134 hybrid device) and have this issue with lastest and previous driver, and without installing Pinnacle MediaCenter.

2- When using the Scheduler, TV recording aborts at random times.

3- When I transfer music to a portable device, I have problems with songs 1 and 2.
I have a SonyEricsson w600i, when I connect it via USB it is properly recognized as a MemoryStick. But sometimes, when I transfer an entire CD album previously stored in the library, one of the first 2 tracks is not transferred to the device  while the other has parts of both tracks (the skipped track shows 'Error' in the transfer list)... very strange  ?
A couple of days ago I updated the firmware update of the phone, but didn't solve this issue. With SE Disc2Phone software didn't have problems since I bought the w600i in January.
Also I note that the transfers seems to be much slower compared to the SE soft.

4- Installation of C Runtime Library always ends with an error.
As I write in 1, it has the same error even installing on a clean XP SP2 installation.

My computer:
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Sempron 2400+
512 DDR400 dual channel
ATI Radeon 9600 256MB
Hitachi 160GB SATA HD
Sony DVD-RW 26A
Pioneer DVD-115F
Daymex 450W PSU
XP SP2

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Errors on MC11.1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:31:58 pm »

Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure off the top of my head but it's possible that MC is using WMDM to talk to your phone.  This is a standard media device layer in Windows.

If your phone shows up as a removable drive in Windows Explorer, you could try adding it as a new device in MC.  Then MC would talk to the device like a regular drive -- possibly providing better speed.  Look in Options > Handheld > Add Device...

About the install error, are you trying the latest MC 11.1? (build 17x)  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up