INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View improvements  (Read 853 times)

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Theatre View improvements
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:47:58 pm »

Last night I was in a Karaoke club – not somewhere that I usually go.  I ignored the friends I was with and spent my time playing with the system.  It appears that the KTV market has two major software suppliers.  The functionality of the two most common programs is almost identical.  There are a few things that would benefit the MC interface.

1.   Images for Artists.
Most users incorporate album cover art and this makes searching though large collections more palatable.  An image for the Artist would make artist browsing equally more rewarding.

2.   User interface.
I have posted the same message in this forum many times.  The MC user interface is not intuitive, even when using a remote control and theatre view.  I watched people near comatose incapable of speech, but still able to fathom out how to use a KVT remote to search for and queue up playlists.  Back to the drawing board for this one – there are so many improvements required.

3.   Speed.
The KTV client accessed a 2TB video storage system.  The client was running on an old 486.  The response time to the remote and the menus was almost instantaneous.  MC running on a 2GHzPentium with 2GB RAM is lethargic in comparison.  More optimisation required for the remote interface, the indexing and the overall responsiveness of the interface.

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up