INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Sync Enhancement Request  (Read 1379 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
iPod Sync Enhancement Request
« on: April 28, 2006, 03:06:25 pm »

I’m using the latest version of MC11 with a 60gb iPod Video.

I know this has been discussed before, but I would like to know the current ideas or thoughts regarding this subject.  Also, is this just a good idea or will it be scheduled in the foreseeable future.

I’m trying to have lyrics for all of my tracks.  So far I have 8000+ with 3000+ to go.  The sync does not consider the addition or change to lyrics as a change, so they do not get synchronized.  Therefore I have to clear the iPod and re-sync everything.  It’s hard to track individual changes and selectively delete them from the iPod so that is not practical, at least for me.. 

Are there any plans to enhance this?

BTW, I had the same issue with cover art, but that problem went away after I found cover art for 100% of my tracks.  I now make sure I have the cover art for new tracks prior to the first synchronization with the iPod.

Randy

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: iPod Sync Enhancement Request
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:37:45 pm »

It's complicated because the iPod database doesn't contain lyrics -- you actually need to analyze the file. (which would be much too slow on a large iPod)

We'll look at also keying off of a last-modified time in v12 if there's a place we can store this nicely in the iPod database.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:33:39 am »

I understand.  I think there could be small things done that could provide most of the benefit.  How about the following:

1)   Provide a sync option to replace the files on the iPod.  That way if I have a list of tracks where I have updated the lyrics, I could replace the tracks on the iPod.  This would also be useful for other applications (e.g. cover art, etc.).
2)   Have a smartlist feature where a smartlist can be built based on updating the lyrics (similar to recently ripped).  If this smartlist could be manually cleared/reset you could use it to collect the changes.  After you sync (using the replace option) you can clear the smartlist and start over.

Anyway, these are my ideas.

Randy

Jakester

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »

^^^^^^^^ Excellent ideas! ^^^^^^^^

This would prevent me from initializing and starting over again and again and again ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up