INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Rear Speakers, AUDIGY 2 ZS problem  (Read 1130 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
OT - Rear Speakers, AUDIGY 2 ZS problem
« on: May 14, 2006, 01:58:29 pm »

I have the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard accompanied with Creative Gigaworks S750 speakers (btw. they ROCK!!!). All drivers for audigy are up to date. I have concerns regarding the Audigy CMSS function, that should make the mp3īs sound from ALL of the 7 speakers.

The problem is that all the speakers sound OK except the rears, that have only about 10% of the volume the other speakers have (the games work absolutely properly in surround mode, in EAX for ex). And the problem is not in the surround mixer, all the speakers are set to 100%, the rears too...

The CMSS is set to the SECOND option (makes the best results i think) and the speaker configuration is set to 7.1. And there is a slider in the right part, by which you can adjust the FADER, in other words you can adjust how much volume the front speakers will have and how much rear. And here is the problem, when i move the slider down, naturally the REAR speakers should go louder, but they remain the same and the SIDE speakers go louder instead, so there is NO way to increase the volume of rear speakers when listening the music.

All this changes (and works properly) only when i change the speakers set to 5.1 in the THX console, but that has no use for me (the sides are completely OFF in that case), as i have 7.1 speakers and so, naturally, i want 7.1 setup. And when you dont hear the rear speakers, you simply absolutely dont have the feel of surround CMSS sound and thats what worries me.

So id like to ask whether you have the same problem or you know a solution that could possibly help me or other ppl with such problem. Thanks in advance!
Tamer

Pages: [1]   Go Up