INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earliest MC version compatible with library from 183.  (Read 932 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Earliest MC version compatible with library from 183.
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:25:09 pm »

I'm troubleshooting a problem with long pauses when starting songs in Theater View.  In order to do this, I'd like to install an earlier version of MC (it's currently running 183.)  I know that some updates make newer libraries incompatible with older versions of MC, so I need to know what the earliest version of MC is that I can install on this system while still maintaining compatibility with the current 183 library.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Earliest MC version compatible with library from 183.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:58:46 am »

I can remember reading something about this relatively recently (i.e. that libraries from one of the newer versions would not work with earlier versions of MC), but I can't seem find this information any more.  I didn't find any information in this regard in the change log, and I can't find the post I'm thinking of with searches.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:09 am »

I remember that too. I think it was this one:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33088.0

11.1.166 (4/6/2006)

1. Fixed: Using the shell extensions could leave JRTools.dll locked, requiring a reboot to install.
2. Changed: With bidirectional pane filtering, picking "All" on a previously filtered pane wouldn't update the list as expected.
3. Changed: Library grouping views have bidirectional links making them work much like the new pane system. (navigation circles no longer possible)
4. Fixed: View scheme editing now shows (translated) field display names instead of internal names.
5. NEW: Filtering in both directions is now a per view scheme option. (only on for image views by default)
6. Changed: Database format upgraded to support bidirectional filtering.  Old Media Centers will not be able to load databases from this version.
7. Changed: More DVB-T graph-building tweaks, to avoid crashes with some devices.
8. Fixed: Some "Options" buttons in view headers were still not translatable.
9. Fixed: If a file failed to play with the QuickTime engine, it could cause a crash.

waddaya reckon?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 01:28:56 pm »

Thanks Marko -- That looks like the one I was thinking of.  I kept searching for "library" rather than "database," so I missed it.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up