INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-Force question  (Read 2258 times)

bovver1

• Recent member
G-Force question
« on: December 23, 2005, 01:48:18 pm »

I wouldn't ask this question if it had been already answered in other strings: After installing G-Force, MC 11 recognises it as a third party plug in, but does not provide access to it in any display options (or anywhere else for that matter). G-Force is advertised on the startup page as being supported by MC11, but I'm wondering if this is a furfy? I asked this question on the plugins part of Interact, but nobody bothered to respond......

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: G-Force question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 02:47:48 pm »

In the Playing Now selection if you hover the mouse over the upper, display, part of the screen you should see a drop down option towards the lower left.  This should show G-Force as an option.

Is this what you meant?

bovver1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:04:38 pm »

Thankyou - there's always a simple answer to the seemingly insoluble!

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:37:52 pm »

Is there any chance to get back the shortcuts? For ex. 'h' for 'help'? Or others to change the vis?

At the moment G-Force is almost not to control within MC. I remember other versions.

Thanks,
Fex

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 04:05:40 pm »

Is there any chance to get back the shortcuts? For ex. 'h' for 'help'? Or others to change the vis?

I see what you mean.  You can still control all G-Force options from the toolbar thingy that pops up when G-Force starts (at least, in the registered version) but can't get the 'h' - quick help,  like you can in the standalone display.

Maybe this is something Matt or JimH might like to comment on?

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 03:02:26 pm »

At the moment G-Force is almost not to control within MC. I remember other versions.

Thanks,
Fex

ANy updates on this?  I would like to control the Vis changes with the simple keyboard commands like it used to work.   Anyone figure out how to do this?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 03:33:58 pm »

I think that option was taken out when G-Force went to a paid model. I could be totally wrong, but I think you get the controls you need to register it to get the toolbar.

RobOK

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 03:52:24 pm »

Thanks for the response.

I do have the paid version, Platinum even!

From looking at the G-Force forums, it seems that other media players (WMP and iTunes) the keyboard commands do work, so that is why I am thinking it is a Media Center specific thing.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 04:05:41 pm »

Thanks,
Fex
The keyboard commands of G-Force do work for me in Playing Now of Media Center (G-Force 3.5.4 Platinum and MediaCenter build 11.1.183). However I noticed that sometimes I have to click several times with the mouse in the Now Playing window before it works.

A day without laughing is a day without living

RobOK

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:17:20 pm »

Wow, great catch!!!  That is the same for me, it seems to be some sort of focus issue, because even after clicking and getting focus and having the keyboard commands work, after a few seconds it is gone again.  Like some other process took focus away.

I mostly run G-force in full screen... to get the commands to work, I have to move the mouse to bring up the MC display on the top and bottom and then click on the screen and then the keyboard seems to work, but as I say it is fleeting.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not.  When I get a chance, I will post on the G-force board too.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 06:16:26 pm »

I posted precise instructions for reproducing back in March this year...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32486.msg222878#msg222878

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 10:37:26 am »

Well, that would certainly explain why I thought it was removed. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up