INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'relative path' playlists ?  (Read 1254 times)

labeelen

• Change this by choosing profile
'relative path' playlists ?
« on: May 20, 2006, 11:07:36 am »

L.s.,

I am using MC on both my PC and notebook and would like to able to share my playlists on both.

Normal export and import of playlist does not work as my PC plays the music from a local HDD and the notebook get's them from a network-drive.

I'm looking for a tool that can easily convert playlists (incl. relative to absolute path conversion)

Any ideas what tool could do the job (or any ideas of alternative solutions)?

regards,

Louis

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 'relative path' playlists ?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:17:17 am »

What if you map a drive on both machines so your media is always at "S:\" for example?

You can also setup a laptop (or other network path) as a "Virtual Handheld" and send media and playlists to it from your main library.  These playlists will use relative paths.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

labeelen

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 01:56:16 pm »

What if you map a drive on both machines so your media is always at "S:\" for example?

You can also setup a laptop (or other network path) as a "Virtual Handheld" and send media and playlists to it from your main library.  These playlists will use relative paths.

Thx for the reply, this will indeed work for two MC instances.

I would however also like to share my playlists with both SqueezeBox/Slimserver and Pinnacle ShowCenter's MediaManager. Any ideas if a tool exists that let's me edit (search/replace paths) in playlists ?

Louis

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 05:58:17 pm »

When I exported playlists to an offline computer, I used the search/replace function in MS Word. Works ok for me...

Pages: [1]   Go Up