INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now not playing by Track order  (Read 3104 times)

orb9220

• Recent member
Playing Now not playing by Track order
« on: June 05, 2006, 05:37:18 pm »

1) Shuffle is Off
2) Options>Tree&View>Sorting>Save Changes on list headers is checked.
3) Playing Now Customze Current view is Details and under Sorting is Track # (a-z)

Now i am using 11.1.183

And when I double click to play album Playing now does a wierd by sequence no instead of track order. I then manually click on track column then update seq order to reflect the track order.

Then when I chose another album again I get the stupid seq order instead of track order.

Exactlly what is the seq order based on for an album I see no logic at all.

And How do I get it to play albums the way the artist intended by track?

Any Help would be appreciated!   Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playing Now not playing by Track order
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:54:08 pm »

By default, double-clicking an album will play tracks in track # order.

Reset the sorting to the default wherever you're double-clicking the album from.

The "Seq" column in Playing Now is the order in which tracks will be played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:17:34 pm »

No that didn't do it. After closer examination I see that the seq seems to be based on the album popup info List which is wrong.

I have verified the track no's in the mp3 tags but the popup insists on displaying in ? whatever way it does this.

Some albums agree with popup list others do not.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Where does the popup List get it's info? Not from the mp3 tags.

Any help on this is appreciated as always.

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:44:18 pm »

Ok just rechecked and there seems to be no logic to the info album popup list.

I have checked album folders of the mp3 tag and also with various mp3's with the track no in the filename and the tag to ones that have track no in the tag but not in the filename.

And still cannot see any logic to how the popup list gets it's info.

Help Please ! Sterilize! Imperfections!,Sterilize,Sterilize.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 04:09:53 am »

I assume you are viewing your albums using the tiles at the top and the "Album thumbnail" view for the file list at the bottom. The pop-up you are talking about is when you hover over an album thumbnail, right?

Currently, if you have your album thumbnails sorted using any other method than "Default" (in the drop down "options" menu at the top right of the album thumbnails list), then all of the songs in your library will be sorted by that method, thereby, in the majority of cases, re-ordering the songs out of track# order. If you change from "album thumbnails" to "details" you will see the real order of your songs.

To solve your problem, sort by "default".

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 02:28:13 pm »

This was discussed before:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33807.0

You're not alone out there. And it could be as easy as it was a few builds ago. Without any 12-or-so-steps-workaround.

But there seems to be no chance at all. You expect it, but it's not logical... (they say).

Fex

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 03:25:54 pm »

This is absurd! You mean that Album mode does not support by track order like the Artist that created the album in a specific order for a REASON  example: Classical,New Age,Comedy,audio books,ect..

I now cannot listen to them like they were intended?

By Defualt.

Come on J River Guys this is a basic function. You can't get MC to do this without being a advance user?

I have to be in details. What does Album mode mean if it can't play in Album Thumbnail  mode aka.  TRACK ORDER! in Track Order!

Again Album Thumbnail =
Album Cover+Tr.1,Tr.2,Tr3,Tr...ect,ect,ect. In that order!

Please Fix because what ever your reasons they are not valid or logical.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 06:04:58 pm »

While looking at "Panes" with "Album Thumbnails", I can get albums to play out of order if I use wonky list sorting.  This seems like a simple bug that we'll try to fix next build.

I can't reproduce any strangeness in "Albums" (tile) view.  We need a step-by-step to reproduce it if you believe there's an issue there.

If you see a bug, please calmly help us understand what it is.  We'll do our best to fix it if we can reproduce it, promise.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 06:16:41 pm »

Thanks for your quick response.

I will look into posting pics of what I am talking about.

This should work better at explaining what I mean.

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 06:38:17 pm »

It seems there is no info on how to insert pics into post

Anyone know if it can be done or do the pics need to be hosted somewhere?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 06:42:33 pm »

The pics do need to be hosted somewhere.
Take a look at www.imageshack.us for a quick and
easy place to upload to.
Then use [img] tags to reference the image in your message
unless the screenshots are too big, in which case just link to them.

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 07:05:20 pm »

I am new to posting so bear with me.

I have a playlist that is called Imported last 60 days. This is what the thumb popup shows.

The info is wrong for track order. If I double-click to play I get this in Playing now.

When it should be

The current view for playlist is

Hope I did this right. If I didn't I am sorry.

All I want is popup to reflect album in track order and to send to playing now in track order.

Thanks

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 10:07:38 pm »

It seems that MC is sorting the files by when each one was imported, regardless of what sorting you apply in customize current view.

I think that MC is acting correctly, really. You want to see songs in the order that they were imported right? So things seem right.

However, I think that the smartlist rules and the "Customize current view" interface should be made into one, so that you can see the order in which the library is going to analyse and sort the files. Applying sorting at the moment is very haphazard and unpredictable. To be honest I never go anywhere near customize current view for sorting. I just use the Sorting presets on the outer menu and try to live with their logic.

Also, when you switch to "Album thumbnails mode" you are clearly saying to MC, "I want to see my albums by when they were imported" and the assumption should rightly be "in track order". A lot of people have spoken about this. But since this requires a change in MC's logic (making the files sort differently when in thumbnails view to how they would in file list view), I guess it counts as a new feature, and so I wouldnt expect to see anything until MC12 comes out.

For a while we couldnt even see album thumbnails below the tiles. We only had the files list. So, at least we've come some way. I just use defualt sorting down bottom for the moment, and use the other sorting methods on the tiles above.

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 10:34:40 pm »

"I think that MC is acting correctly, really. You want to see songs in the order that they were imported right? "

No I want to see the Album when it was imported not songs. Album was imported as folder all at once. So it should be treated as album not song tracks.

Otherwise I find this program Powerful and Flexible. Even tho I would like to see alot more docs on how to use it.  I have yet found many Album based software to do what I want without sacrificing alot of the features that MC has.

I don't even know how the crew can stay on top of the bugs and add features to this great program. 

I am not really being picky but seeing what has been lacking in all music library software. Album based mangement they all seem to want to do god awful long list of data based on columns which is not for average users but for geeky type audiophiles.

But that is just my observation of watching a multitude of average user's trying to navigate thru tree based list to find what they want to play.

A picture always speeds up navigation. That is why there are maps.

Thanks for the responses and the great work from the J River Band of Creation!

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 03:45:40 pm »

Has anyone found a way to correct the playing now problem? It is quite annoying when you just want to do something as basic as hear an album in the correct order and you have to go through a ten step process to do it.Please jriver fix this problem ASAP. Besides that this software is wonderful and to the men and women from jriver that listen and respond to our problems, thank you very much. You should be a business model for customer service and support. Thank You again.

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 03:48:26 pm »

Oh, I just saw the next build. Thank You jriver

orb9220

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 04:15:27 pm »

Yeah fixed in 11.1.186 build

Thanks for yer Help and quick response.

Let's put or hands together for The JRiver Band of Creation !!!

Thanks again and will now lock thread since issue is resolved

Pages: [1]   Go Up