INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Think It's Safe Yet?  (Read 937 times)

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
Do You Think It's Safe Yet?
« on: September 17, 2002, 01:33:38 pm »

Sorry about the headline, but just wanted to know whether you guys think it's safe to D\L WMP 9.0 yet? (don't go gettin' all huffy, just like to try it out).
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

Dragyn

RE:Do You Think It's Safe Yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 01:34:32 pm »

I've been using it. Seems to work just fine.

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 01:36:52 pm »

Well, I should say it works for most files. Some of my mp3s didn't play right. It said it was using an AC3 decoder....then ones encoded by MJ8..

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 01:56:49 pm »

We're still seeing some funny stuff with WMA files and trying to understand where it's coming from.

You'll never regret waiting a week or two.

It isn't a lot different from 8.0 except for the stuff they borrowed from us.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2002, 02:13:19 pm »

If you have 2000 or 98,you can remove it .

If you have Me or XP,you cannot.
Well you can using system restore.
Means if system restore works and if you want to remove WMP 9 after just few days,after a week=out of reach with system restore.

I did play i lot with WMP 9 and i think it is a nice player.I do see differences from 8- but as i say as a average |PLS| user,not a real power one-

An average user not knowing much would have a very fair player.And MANY people NEVER go further that what they got when buying the computer.Look around you.

Will try RealOne plus as soon as i get a k..

For now back to even WMp 8 removed.Just have the basic 6.And you still get the codecs upgrade running it.
I saw this when i played the short movies from "MJ Rivers'

By the way :the plugin to get a full player: mp3 encoder and DVD player cost more than MJ...........

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2002, 02:19:12 pm »

Jim, Actually, MJ is 200% better than WMP 9.0. I have Creatives Sound Blaster Audigy, for my sound card, and Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 for my speaker setup. Believe it or not, there is a DRASTIC difference in the sound quality of the files played through MJ, as opposed to ANY other player. You know that I've said since day one, that MJ is, and as far as I'm concerned, always will be the best thats ever done it.
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up