INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping 2 Disc CD Album Problems…  (Read 684 times)

DocLotus

Ripping 2 Disc CD Album Problems…
« on: September 17, 2002, 01:05:10 pm »

In Real’s RealOne Player I could rip a two disc album as one large CD.

How It Was Done…
* I would rip the first disc normally (removing any reference to Disc 1, if there was one).
* Change the track numbers on disc 2 so they would appear to be a continuation of only one disc.

EXAMPLE:
* Disc 1, tracks 1 – 6… stays tracks 1 - 6.
* Disc 2, tracks 1 – 4… becomes tracks 7 – 10.

So the play list looks like one disc with tracks 1 – 10.

This is wonderful when playing a 2 disc CD.

But… when I try to do this in MJ9, I get some totally understandable error.

It appears that MJ does not want me changing track numbers form what the original CD had.

Can this be fixed?

joe|PLS|mama

RE:Ripping 2 Disc CD Album Problems…
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2002, 01:50:16 pm »

I usually do that after I've ripped and encoded the CDs.  I name the files Artist - Album (Disc #) - Track # - Title and put all the files in the same directory.  Then in MJ, I locate the files in the File Location view scheme.  They will be shown in numerical order by disc #.  Select all the files, right-click and choose properties.  The files should still be shown in disc#/numerical order on the left, choose Tools/Fill Track Numbers From List Order.  Then, in the Album tag on the right, change it to read just the album name without the disc # reference.  Finally, if you want, you can go back to Tools and Rename Files From Properties.

Rob

Listening to: 'Just Give 'Em Whiskey' from 'Colourbox' by 'Colourbox' on Media Jukebox

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2002, 03:49:20 pm »

Yeah. It looks like the ripper is trying to read a track with the new number and not finding it.  Doesn't work on V8 either though.

Alternatively, you can do the renumber and rename after the rip. I just checked and it works although it's extra work.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2002, 06:10:32 pm »

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like a lot of extra work for something that RealOne does so easily.

I have several double albums… seems like MJ9 needs to have this ability as it is currently a real pain in the you-know-what.
Pages: [1]   Go Up