INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cue + Media Centre + ASPI/IPOD  (Read 1106 times)

mr.ceddy

• [center][color=Red][size=8pt][i]using MC since it
Cue + Media Centre + ASPI/IPOD
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:21:38 pm »

FYI i have search the fourm and can not find a clear answer.

When attempting to burn files imported via cue sheet as data or audio MC displays status as either 1 minute or 1 mb and basicly coasts the cd. Inaddition when attempting to move the same files on to my Ipod 5th gen, the files take a long to transfer (under 4 mins for 80-100mb) as goes through the process of sending each file. As is well until you go to play the files in the ipod.... they just dont play as if there corrupted!

Is there a fix or will MC never have this functionality ?
BTW thanks MC developers for all the hard work!! It's well  appreciated!

using MC since it was MJ verison 8

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cue + Media Centre + ASPI/IPOD = Bad combo
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:39:36 am »

When attempting to burn files imported via cue sheet as data or audio MC displays status as either 1 minute or 1 mb and basicly coasts the cd.
Are you referring to backing up the album to CD using its cue items ? ..not clear what your purpose is here.

Inaddition when attempting to move the same files on to my Ipod 5th gen, the files take a long to transfer (under 4 mins for 80-100mb) as goes through the process of sending each file. As is well until you go to play the files in the ipod.... they just dont play as if there corupted!!
You cant shift cue files to an iPod as the iPod does not know what they are, instead you would move the big media file only instead. Cue support does not exist as yet for the iPod.

Is there a fix or will MC never have this functionality ?
I have high hopes they will get addressed in MC12.

There is no ETA wrt to the iPod in this regard, ask Apple.

mr.ceddy

• [center][color=Red][size=8pt][i]using MC since it
Re: Cue + Media Centre + ASPI/IPOD
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 10:27:07 am »

1) When attempting to burn files imported via cue sheet as data or audio MC displays status as either 1 minute or 1 mb and basicly coasts the cd.

I have an album that is 1 mp3 file with a cue sheet that is imported into media centre. Media centre reads the cue sheet and imports as 50 tracks. If i attempt to burn a cd using selected tracks or all of them the problem occurs where mc does not know how to cut each track and save them as separate mp3's or burn the cue sheet as a multitrack audio cd

2) Inaddition when attempting to move the same files on to my Ipod 5th gen, the files take a long to transfer (under 4 mins for 80-100mb) as goes through the process of sending each file. As is well until you go to play the files in the ipod.... they just dont play as if they're corrupt.

Same issue as above. I am not attempting to move the cue sheet to the ipod, but simply move selected tracks to the ipod which where imported to mc as a cue sheet. MC actually sends each track to the ipod (as in cutting them up in to individual mp3's) but the mp3 is not in a playable format.

To the best of my knowledge it seems like a bug with mc handing mp3's imported via cue sheet. MC is unable to properly cut and send a tracks from a cue sheet.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cue + Media Centre + ASPI/IPOD
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:29:32 pm »

To the best of my knowledge it seems like a bug with mc handing mp3's imported via cue sheet. MC is unable to properly cut and send a tracks from a cue sheet
MC can't do this currently, use Musicutter

Is this really preferable tho ?

The mp3s are ripped as one file for a reason, you can't get true gapless play otherwise. If gapless play is not important then rip as seperate tracks, you will be able to shift and take whatever track you want this way. You might prefer to use LAME's gapless headers for this, but then only players that know to read those headers will play close to gapless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up