INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: start in theater view and window view  (Read 914 times)

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
start in theater view and window view
« on: May 30, 2006, 12:04:57 pm »

I usually start MC in windowed view but I would like to be able to sometimes start MC in theater view instead directly from a separate shortcut on my desktop. Is this possible? I guess there could be some kind of switch to Media Center.exe? I know that there is an option in tools/options/startup that sets the default startup Mode. I want that to be windowed. It just that sometimes I'd prefere to start directly in Theater view instead.

Another question - is it possible to also start playing a specific playlist when I start Media Center, again not always, but as an alternative bu a shortcut on the desktop. I've made a random smartlist that I play from perhaps 50% of all times I start MC.

Regards,

Robert

gappie

Re: start in theater view and window view
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:08:14 pm »

that is easy to do the first question. make with notepad a bat file on your desktop with the following text:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe /MCC 22001,0

the ,0 tells were in theater view. in this case the first screen. ,2 starts theater view in playing now. etc

if you dont like the icon from a bat file, put it somewhere else and make a shortcut to the bat file on your desktop. put any icon you like there and to make it even better put run to minimized.

dont know the second one.

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:02:24 am »

Thanks gappie.

btw.
Is there a "command-switch guide" out there that explains what else is possible when starting Media Center.exe?
/R

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:23:34 am »

Oh, I found it!

If anyone else is looking: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CommandLine.html

/R
Pages: [1]   Go Up