INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To: 3mu import playlist  (Read 931 times)

JONCAT

How To: 3mu import playlist
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:34:51 pm »

I always used to lose playlists so I started making 3mu's of them. Now many drives & MC incarnations later I find I don't know anything about getting these to import to MC. A review of the m3u shows that it has the correct path but when I drag or drop them into MC nothing happens. I tried to open one with WMP and it correctly imported the tracklist but wouldn't play back apes of course, and I need these imported to MC not WMP. Can anyone give me a quick heads up on this?

thanks
Dr. C

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How To: 3mu import playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 02:01:41 pm »

last time I looked at these, the only way to get an .m3u that contains tracks that already exist in the library imported, and populated, was to drag it from explorer and drop it on "Media Library" in the tree.

Of course, "media library" is now history... perhaps it would work if you dropped one on "Audio"?

After dropping the m3u file on the tree, expand "Playlists > Imported Playlists" and you should see it in the list there. If the branch is already open, you may need to close/open it again to refresh its contents.

JONCAT

Re: How To: 3mu import playlist
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 02:07:15 pm »

Not working but thanks for the tips. I wonder if one file changes location, the m3u will fail to load I'll have to test that.

How do we save playlists? What's the best way with MC; this is a big part of my use. I need to be able to save my mixes and not have to rebuild them from tracklists if I get a hard crash or lose them installing MC12.

tnks
Dr. C
Pages: [1]   Go Up